Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille fur den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika, what do you think?

Article about: Hey guys, I have been offered this semi-relic medal. I once brought one of these and it turned out to be a reproduction so I am weary when it comes to this medal in-particular. I can get it

Default Medaille fur den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika, what do you think?

Hey guys,

I have been offered this semi-relic medal. I once brought one of these and it turned out to be a reproduction so I am weary when it comes to this medal in-particular. I can get it at a good price and I would be content with it for now until a nicer one comes along.

I am stumped when it comes to this item and it is heavily pitted on the reverse especially but this could be due to it being a semi-relic.

I would be interested in hearing what you guys think about it.
    Could you guys also give me some good hinters on how to spot a fake one please.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille fur den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika, what do you think?   Medaille fur den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika, what do you think?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille fur den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika, what do you think?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Medaille fur den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika, what do you think?

Well it is very beat up, there would have been a makers inscription right were the heavy corrosion is on the left in the second image. This one looks to be the later Zinc model. In this condition it has lost parts of the inscription around the rim and the smaller designer marks.
    Morris

Default Re: Medaille fur den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika, what do you think?

this is where the marks would be if not for the corrosion
    Medaille fur den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika, what do you think?

Morris

I'd wait for one in much better condition. Not available in great
    numbers, but they are still out there - and you'll be more
    satisfied with a complete original with ribbon, IMO,
    ie: a 'keeper'. They sell for $100-$150.........
    Regards,

Steve.

You would be better to wait and find a nice first pattern one with original ribbon.
    Morris

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'd wait for one in much better condition. Not available in great
    numbers, but they are still out there - and you'll be more
    satisfied with a complete original with ribbon, IMO,
    ie: a 'keeper'. They sell for $100-$150.........
    My thoughts exactly.

Ditto!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello guys,

Thank you for your help, I can get it for £15 inc. Postage.
    I would be content with it until I can get a nicer one and when I have I can easily get my money back IMO.

Thank you, Glen.