Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

Article about: hi guys, new overhere, tryed to learn something by reading, watching, but still need your help with this one... found it here in Romania for sale, not sure 100% if it s real thing...the helm

Cipone
    ?

Default Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

hi guys,
    new overhere, tryed to learn something by reading, watching, but still need your help with this one...
    found it here in Romania for sale, not sure 100% if it s real thing...the helmet, isn t supposed to be shiny coloured?
    thank you.

2. # ADS

The medal edge and helmet was originally covered with a wash to depict the snow of that first Russian winter of 1941. This wash usually wears and the base zinc medal colour shows. Difficult to say if this one is real or not, but they are quite common. The suspension ring may be marked with a number. The ribbon is a new one of course.

Cipone
    ?

seller said that the suspension ring it s marked with 1.

#1 is Deschler & son, Munich. I have one with packet posted here somewhere. Stewy

Please better and detailed photos.

with these pictures I say carefully that the piece is original.

Here is my 1

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

Quote by Steinar View Post
    Please better and detailed photos.

with these pictures I say carefully that the piece is original.

I agree with the comments above and certainly with the point about better pictures. This one looks OK but can't be 100% with these pictures.
    Also, please upload pictures to the forum and not via an image hosting site. By uploading to the forum the pictures will remain permanent. If you use a host they will eventually disappear then the person who wants to look back at threads for reference will see only text and no pictures which is not much use at all. Try looking back, find a thread like that and you will see how frustrating it can be.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."