MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.

Article about: Another of my Ostfront medals. This one has no envelope but is marked on the ring with "61" for Rudolph Karneth. Ralph.

Default Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.

Another of my Ostfront medals. This one has no envelope but is marked on the ring with "61" for Rudolph Karneth.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.   Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.  

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.   Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.  

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.
    P
    Many

mpw
    ?

I never tire of seeing these beautifully detailed medals. Do you know how many different makers there were?

Mark.

Same here :-)
    Another fine one :-) they almost deserves a section of their own ;-)
    Mfg
    Marc

Very nice, I never tire of seeing these awards.

A very nice medal from a not that common maker. This maker among a lot of the other Gablonz makers used a generic Ostmedaille envelope marked "Metall & Kunststoff, Gablonz" on the back side instead of using a specific maker marked envelope.

/Jonas

Quote by mpw View Post
    I never tire of seeing these beautifully detailed medals. Do you know how many different makers there were?

Mark.
    No exact figure can be given, but there are about 50+ known makers.

/Jonas

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Same here :-)
    Another fine one :-) they almost deserves a section of their own ;-)
    Mfg
    Marc
    Thank you Marc!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Very nice, I never tire of seeing these awards.
    Thanks Glenn!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    A very nice medal from a not that common maker. This maker among a lot of the other Gablonz makers used a generic Ostmedaille envelope marked "Metall & Kunststoff, Gablonz" on the back side instead of using a specific maker marked envelope.

/Jonas
    Thank you for that information Jonas!
    Ralph.

Nice one! Check your medals, the ones with perfect finish and no bubling could be tombak. As the guys there said there are early full tombak pieces and the later kupferplatierung (zinc core copper plated) pieces. Also the sound when hitting them with your fingernail isnt the same on zinc versus the other materials.

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    Nice one! Check your medals, the ones with perfect finish and no bubling could be tombak. As the guys there said there are early full tombak pieces and the later kupferplatierung (zinc core copper plated) pieces. Also the sound when hitting them with your fingernail isnt the same on zinc versus the other materials.
    Thank you!
    Where did you get this information about tombak? The guys where?
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast