Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.

Article about: Another of my Ostfront medals. This one has no envelope but is marked on the ring with "61" for Rudolph Karneth. Ralph.

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    One thing that bothers me in the WAF thread is the statement that “early” pieces could be made of tombac. If the Ostmedaille was instituted in May 1942 we are in the middle of the war, so is this “early”. The other medals like West Wall, KVK and Wound Badge had been around since 1939 when tombac pieces where more common.

But that does not say that there cannot be some tombac versions out there. But so far I have not seen any real proof of this.

/Jonas

True that. But CCC has been instituted in November 1942 and the early pieces are tombak but rare as hell. Also the APB which was instituted in January 1944 and ive read somewhere that there were some tombak versions.

As for the ost medals; do you think a multimeter test would do something? The electric resistance isnt the same for those two materials. But thats just a thought.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.
    P
    Many

Easily one of my favorite German medals. Very nice.

Quote by avenger View Post
    Easily one of my favorite German medals. Very nice.
    Thank you Scott!
    I have posted a couple of others recently as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    True that. But CCC has been instituted in November 1942 and the early pieces are tombak but rare as hell. Also the APB which was instituted in January 1944 and ive read somewhere that there were some tombak versions.

As for the ost medals; do you think a multimeter test would do something? The electric resistance isnt the same for those two materials. But thats just a thought.
    This is what makes collecting so interesting. I would love to find out that there existed tombac Ostmedaille to hunt down.

As for a multimeter test I have no idea what to expect since the laws of physics is not my area

/Jonas

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    You would need to make sure that you get down to the base metal to test that way.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3