Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) opinions

Article about: Hi Guys, I bought these two Eastern Front Medals. One of them is worn condition ( left side), I think someone tried to get rid of the swastika. Other one is unissued, with issue bag. What do

?

Default Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) opinions

Hi Guys,
    I bought these two Eastern Front Medals. One of them is worn condition ( left side), I think someone tried to get rid of the swastika. Other one is unissued, with issue bag.
    What do you think about them? I'm not sure about a unissued medal, and a issue bag. Are these original?

Thank you for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) opinions   Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) opinions  

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) opinions   Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) opinions  

Last edited by rbminis; 03-21-2016 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) opinions
    P
    Many

Both appear to be original...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thank you Glenn! What do you think about the issue bag?

Next time please post them separately, it reduces the confusion.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Also, please use this thread when creating your thread titles.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by KrikoT View Post
    Thank you Glenn! What do you think about the issue bag?
    Medals, Paper Packet, and Wrapping-Tissue all appear original...
    cheers, Glenn

Both look good to me too. Issue bag looks correct also. You can compare it to one I have here:

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

Different makers, but the paper types should be similar enough.

BTW, for my two cents, I'm not convinced the first has been intentionally denazified. It's appears it may be just worn. You can see worn spots on the eagle as well. But, you would know more from looking at the profile.

?

I found this about the issue bag: PK number 1 Company: Deschler & Sohn. But unfortunately I can not find any mark.
    I was thinking after this post that the first medal has be just worn, and nobody wanted to make any damage in.

Thank you for you help!

?

Thumbs up

I agree, good as gold, both medals and paper envelope.
    Sarge