Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938.

Article about: There was a Memel on the estand that sold for \\$199 today, you didn't buy that did you?

Default Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938.

One of my favorite medals with document.........DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938.   Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938.  

Last edited by Adrian; 07-27-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1 oct.1938 medal

Nice set Dave ! Thats the first Erkunde I have seen for this award

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very Nice Sudetenland set! The papers are almost never seen-they must be 50 medals for every paper you find! Now where's that Memel?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for your input,,here is the Memel but no document may find one at this years Max show...........Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938.   Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938.  

Excellent!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A nice Memel set too Dave I so want a Memel in my collection, but I can only find dodgy ones

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938.

Theres so much conjecture on the Memels that I dare not show mine, especially on the maroon site. Everything that isn't a backwards 'G' gets shouted down as fake by the mob over there. Good luck in your search Nick.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Theres so much conjecture on the Memels that I dare not show mine, especially on the maroon site. Everything that isn't a backwards 'G' gets shouted down as fake by the mob over there. Good luck in your search Nick.
    Thats why I dont have one, everyone says its a fake!!
    I know not many were awarded but why would so many be faked?

In the last bloodless action, Germany annexed the Klaipėda Region (Memel Territory) from Lithuania on March 22, 1939 after an oral ultimatum. On March 23 a peaceful occupation of the city and district was carried out by German troops who debarked by ship. This area of East Prussia, with 160,000 inhabitants, had been turned over to Lithuania in the aftermath of World War I following the Klaipėda Revolt and Klaipėda Convention of 1924. To commemorate the occupation the "Memel Medal" was authorized on May 1, 1939. It was awarded until December 1, 1940. In all 31,322 medals were awarded.

30,000+ is a fair number of awards so yes i'm surprised as the supossed number of fakes. Sure it pays to be careful but getting scared off by the paranoia and hysteria on the maroon site sure doesn't help.

I got my example from emedals about 18 months ago.

?

Nice medal.

Didnt they make a tinnie with the same manner of motif, or have I gotten that wrong?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast