Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938

Article about: Sorry, could I possibly ask your opinion on this medal too guys, condition looks really good. Thankyou Paul l

Default Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938

Sorry, could I possibly ask your opinion on this medal too guys, condition looks really good.
    Thankyou Paul
    lMedaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938
    P
    Many

the pics are dark but it looks ok.

Just got 3 more pictures of this medal guys. If you look at these pictures, would you say there is something odd around the edge of the medal ? When I got in touch with the seller he told me that the darkness of the medal was pretty much how it appears in hand, patina ?
    Wondered what your opinion is on these 2 points ?
    Thankyou PaulMedaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938

To tell you the truth im not a fan of this one, details are way to soft, they should be very sharp on the reverse and regular wear would not remove this. The rim is also of concern. These are very common and personally if it were my choice i would look for another with all of its finish and with much better detail, however this is just my opinion.
    Morris

This is what they should usually look like...

Thankyou for your reply Morris, lovely medal you have there, very nice ! Glad I didn't get this one then, I was a little concerned about the 'seam' running around the edge, having looked at some of the examples on the forum, I haven't seen any with such a dark patina on the overall medal.
    I did buy one last week, not as nice as yours, the wear on it, I think matches with it's age 'a bit old' ! The ribbon, pin & attaching ring seem to have corresponding wear marks, there is wear to the back & front of the medal, the inscription on the back seems nice & sharp as does the front, the feathers on the eagle's chest are a little soft, but I've noticed that on some other examples that I've seen, also the way the ribbon is attached to the ring is something I've not seen on english medals, the ribbon appears to have been stitched (internally) to give it the 2 x 45 degree angles that you see, with a hole through the point of the ribbon through which passes the suspension ring, quite intricate !
    Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938

1st medal posted is definitely a cast fake.

Tom

Phew !
    Thanks Tom