Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes.

Article about: indeed a very rare medal.

?

Default Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes.

Hello guys & girls I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this one?. Now I'm thinking it is okay but I ain't no expert so I've posted here for some help? I haven't a price yet!! Thanks for your help.. Cheers Terry Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes.Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes.
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-19-2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes.
    P
    Many

has it been polished ?

?

Haven't a clue to be honest???? Cheers Terry.

It might just be the photos but i've got a feeling this is a cast copy, knowing me i'm wrong though!...

?

Cheers Paul..thanks for your input!! I don't know too much about these apart from they are copied a lot.. Cheers Terry.

Yup a fairly rare medal!...

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Yup a fairly rare medal!...
    Yes indeedy..it is!!! Cheers Terry

Hi Tel,
    glad you finally got the photos.
    having a quick look at them this could be a "slanted G" version.
    here is a thread of an original "slanted G" on another forum, same colour as yours but a different ribbon.
    Memelland Medal for review - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    However i am not an expert on memel medals so i would wait for someone who is before concluding if its ok or not
    here is my example of an unmarked S&l
    Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes.Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes.

Alright Tel,

Although these are highly faked and the different variants contentious, I think this on balance is a good slanted 'G' award often called the "29" type after the maker Hauptmunzamt Berlin. These are considered the best bet as being original compared to some of the others that are widely faked, although that's not infallible! Note the letters 'HC' at the very bottom of the reverse, underneath the ribbon band, these are thought to be the engravers' initials, and are also found on some versions of the Prague castle bar to the more common Czech annexation medal. Better wait for other opinions, but I like it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Cheers Ned top dollar as always!!!.. & Dan it sounds like you two know your onions as they say!!!..Thank you very much for taking timeout to answer I will look into it a bit more then!! Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast