Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

Article about: These medals don't seem to come up for sale too often so as soon as I saw this one on a dealers website I ordered it immediately. I probably have a few hours in which to cancel the order if

Default Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

These medals don't seem to come up for sale too often so as soon as I saw this one on a dealers website I ordered it immediately. I probably have a few hours in which to cancel the order if anyone sees a problem with this example.

I don't know much about these except that this example is the 'upright G' and the 'big A'. The dealer states that this is marked L/18 on the rim. I have no idea if these awards where available as an LDO purchase so hopefully someone more knowledgable than myself can comment. It looks to have been cleaned also.

Thoughts?

Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des MemellandesMedaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default re: Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

I don't like it. It doesn't look like any example I've seen. The wreath on the reverse is VERY different from what I've seen. The details also look off to me. But I'm no expert as you well know Glenn This wreath might be a variation I haven't seen.

- Kenneth

Just stumbled back across this old thread of mine from 2011 and thought to set the record straight.

My example above is a perfectly original example of the straight G type 3 (as validated in Antonio Scapini's reference book pg59) by B.H. Mayer.

Further evidenced by the L/18 rim stamp and horizontal rim line, typical of the type.

these are a rare a ward I now have 2 and a copy I bought to fill a gap.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    these are a rare a ward I now have 2 and a copy I bought to fill a gap.
    Let's see them Harry. Don't be shy. Stewy

Please share!

For reference, here are some of my personal images of my BH Mayer example.

Harry, can you please show your Memel's both real & copy so that we can have some more comparisons? Either here or in a new thread. Only as we don't encounter them too often, it's nice to know what's what. Cheers, Stewy

Can we see your Memels please Harry? Both good & bad, it would help no end. Cheers, Stewy

?

Thumbs up

Here is my Memel medal. I've had it for many years.
    First photo is the way I displayed my German medals in the late 1950s - a bath towel nailed to the wall of my room. 2nd is a later like item consolidation. unfortunately I don't have any close ups.
    Sarge Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes