Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

Article about: Hello, for a long time this Medal has been on my list but I’ve never had the chance to get one either due to money or the simply weren’t any available at the time. This one came up and I

Default Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

Hello, for a long time this Medal has been on my list but I’ve never had the chance to get one either due to money or the simply weren’t any available at the time. This one came up and I may be able to pick it up but I don’t know much about this Medal and I know there’s lots of debate around them. I would greatly appreciate any options on this ones originality. I do plan on buying the reference book on this Medal if I can’t grab this one.

PS, I’m not sure if this is the correct german name for the award so please correct me if I’m wrong as this is all I’ve seen the award named as.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Last edited by rbminis; 05-31-2020 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes
    P
    Many

Yes. The correct name is Memel Medal (Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes; 22. März 1939) The ribbon looks very new.

Santi

Thanks for the information on its name! I was also questioning the ribbon, I have one more Medal but I’m checking it’s availability now, so if this one has a bad ribbon I will post up the other Medal.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Hard to tell from these photos, but the ribbon appears to have the correct scalloped edges seen on a period weave. The cleanliness could simply be the result of it being unissued/unworn.

I can't comment on the medal itself.

Regards, B.B.

It is the long podium fake regards ,Paul

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    PS, I’m not sure if this is the correct german name for the award so please correct me if I’m wrong as this is all I’ve seen the award named as.

Cheers,
    Bodhi
    It is on the list.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Paul, I will post up the only other one I can find for sale then and hope it’s an original.

Ralph, I apologize for not checking the list, I normally do sorry for forgetting!

Cheers,
    Bodhi