Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal

Article about: Sorry Adrian, I have no idea what the 'annexation' medals are in German. This was among several cool things I found at a local antique shop today. The asking price is \\$300. I can't afford it

Default Re: Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal

At $300, this medal bar would already be resting
    in a display case at my house.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal
    P
    Many

I will try to get it, but I just want to make sure the Memel is good. I hate fakes and I would hate knowing that one of them is fake, even if the Halbschinkel EKII makes up for it.

How does everything else look? Do the Austrian and Czech Annex medals, as well as the medal bar setup look good?

The others are all fine, IMO. '13th Marz' is a plated tombac.

Because the EK has come loose, I'd ask if he could do
    any better - $260 ? He might settle for $275 !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

This memel is convincing. In my opinion the medal is good. Just last check: look at the ring of the memel, is it blocked by a wire under the ribbon ?

Quote by fabri View Post
    This memel is convincing. In my opinion the medal is good. Just last check: look at the ring of the memel, is it blocked by a wire under the ribbon ?
    Could you perhaps post a picture of this? I don't quite understand.

If there is/isn't one, then would that be a major red flag? The shop is a 45 minute drive away so I would like my next trip to be my last. haha

?

I 'm not at home, far from my medals.. I try to explain with my poor English: there are 2 different way to fix the medals/crosses to the bar.
    One of them (for example my last L/54 EKII showed 2 days ago) is to sew the ring with a wire to the fabric. When the medal is fixed they put the ribbon, fixed on back with a wire. The cloth on back is the last work to hide the plate and the wires. Coming back to our memel, if the ring 's fixed by a wire in my opinion we are sure that it 's 99.9% original.
    The other way let the possibility to change the medal on bar.
    P.S. I 've compared your medal with a genuine of a friend of mine, I don't see any difference.

OK,,, so,,, did you go get this medal bar, a very good buy it seems,,, you said you were going to try to get it.

Quote by fabri View Post
    I 'm not at home, far from my medals.. I try to explain with my poor English: there are 2 different way to fix the medals/crosses to the bar.
    One of them (for example my last L/54 EKII showed 2 days ago) is to sew the ring with a wire to the fabric. When the medal is fixed they put the ribbon, fixed on back with a wire. The cloth on back is the last work to hide the plate and the wires. Coming back to our memel, if the ring 's fixed by a wire in my opinion we are sure that it 's 99.9% original.
    The other way let the possibility to change the medal on bar.
    P.S. I 've compared your medal with a genuine of a friend of mine, I don't see any difference.
    Thanks for your help. I will look for this when I go back. I called the guy and had him hold it for me so I'm going to collect a couple of paychecks and buy it when I can afford it.

You are all great. I really appreciate the help I get from this forum. Now I have to figure out how I am going to display this beauty...

Buy buy buy!

Buy now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast