Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Medal configuration on tunics?

Article about: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew and/or could point me in the correct direction in finding the regulations on which medals go on tunics. For an example, usually I see an ek1 on the

Default Medal configuration on tunics?

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew and/or could point me in the correct direction in finding the regulations on which medals go on tunics. For an example, usually I see an ek1 on the middle of the right pocket. However I've also seen black wound badges, sport, even assault badges with or without other medals loops. I've used the search engine without any success, probably because I'm typing in the incorrect description. :/ Thanks in advance for any contribution.
    C.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal configuration on tunics?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Medal configuration on tunics?

An EK1 would always go in the centre of the pocket unless another award needs to be worn there in which case it would go in a superior position above that award, a KVK1 for example. If only a single award was worn then it would take centre stage until another could be added. Kriegsabzeichen would be worn below an EK1 or KVK1.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, let me see if I can find any threads as well.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you very much Adrian, that was always my impression. So this example is correct since he wasn't awarded the EK1? Medal configuration on tunics?

?

That would be correct, the KVK2 and Ostmedaille could both be worn in the buttonhole or both be worn on a ribbon bar or as above.

Here is one thread I found from years ago about wear of medals but not the one I was thinking of.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Perfect, thanks again!!