Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Medal German?

Article about: Hi guys need a little help with this. I got it free as i bought some out items he said it is bulgarian, but come from a German WW2 Estate. Im not sure what it is Best Martin

Default Is this Medal German?

Hi guys need a little help with this.

I got it free as i bought some out items he said it is bulgarian, but come from a German WW2 Estate.

Im not sure what it is

Best Martin

Is this Medal German?Is this Medal German?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Medal German?
    P
    Many

Bulgarian imo

ahh it was free so i just took it, is there any value for one of these?
    are they WW2

it is imo post-war i but pre-ww ii - there is always value - i would say min. $30

Posting better pictures and up right would made the thread more attractive, to all.
    And once it is identifyied, it would be easy for you to check the value on the net.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks guys, sorry the pics are sidewards.
    I forgot to rotate them as they as straight when i posted them.

I may have to sell it as i only collect German and i'm sure someone out there would want it.

does anyone know the name of this medal?

How about trying a Google Image Search under Bulgarian Medals? The Ribbon appears to be from the Bulgarian Order of Courage, while the Medal itself is the Bulgarian Order of Merit in Bronze...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Medal German?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this Medal German? 

Bulgarian, as said above.

It's the Bronze Medal of Merit with Crown. The medal came in three grades (bronze, silver and gold), each of which could be awarded with or without the crown.

The light blue ribbon with the silver edges is the "war decoration" ribbon; the red one seen above is the peacetime ribbon.

The Medal of Merit [МЕДАЛЬ "ЗА ЗАСЛУГА"] was bestowed on non-commissioned ranks, whereas the Order of Military Merit [ОРДЕН ВОЕННЫХ ЗАСЛУГ] was for officers.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    How about trying a Google Image Search under Bulgarian Medals? The Ribbon appears to be from the Bulgarian Order of Courage, while the Medal itself is the Bulgarian Order of Merit in Bronze...
    cheers, Glenn
    i did search German Bulgarian Medals but could not find any pics of it. Now i know what country it's from and what its called ive found some.
    Medal of Merit Boris III with Crown bronze :: Bulgaria :: World Medals and Decorations :: Liverpool Medals Ltd :: World Military Medals :: Medals for Sale here is one with the red ribbion.
    WWII Solid silver Medal for merit Boris III of Bulgaria original box ribbon | eBay
    one in a box no crown

Cheers

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Bulgarian, as said above. It's the Bronze Medal of Merit with Crown. The medal came in three grades (bronze, silver and gold), each of which could be awarded with or without the crown.

The light blue ribbon with the silver edges is the "war decoration" ribbon, whereas the red one seen above is the peacetime ribbon.

The Medal of Merit was bestowed on non-commissioned ranks, whereas the Order of Military Merit was for officers.
    Ahh yeah its a war medal

Thanks guys been a great Help

Martin