Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)

Article about: I posted this in the other section but I thought someone in this section could help tell me what the badges are attached to this flag. As I said this was brought back by a US vet who landed

Default Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)

I posted this in the other section but I thought someone in this section could help tell me what the badges are attached to this flag. As I said this was brought back by a US vet who landed on D-Day on Omaha Beach as part of the artillery section.

Thanks for you help , I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong section . Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal Identification HELP (on D-Day Vet. bring back Pennant)
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    What you have are day badges or tinnies (they are not military decorations or awards) they were given out at political rallies and the such. You have a 1928 example for Cologne (around $15), 1938 Sports festival (around $20), a celluloid example for St. Vith (around $20), and a 1938 Dusseldorf military district donation example (around $20). The round coin shaped example I will look up, but it looks like it is a commemorative pin for the individual on the front.

Jody

The small round one with the bearded man commemorates Friedrich Jahn, the "Father of German Gymnastics", it's from the town of Offenbach...The eagle with the intertwined DT (Deutsche Turnerschaft) is from the German Gymnastic Association as well...
    cheers, Glenn

?

The red plastic charm is a donation item from the VDA (Volksbund für das Deutschem in Ausland; Organization for Germans in Foreign Countries) representing the Belgian town of St. Vith. It's from a series of 'tinnies' meant to commemorate German border towns.