Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medal ribbon bar ID help needed.

Article about: Could the experts on the forum help me ID the two other medals on this ribbon bar. The first is the 2nd Class Iron Cross and two unknowns. Casey ~

Default Medal ribbon bar ID help needed.

Could the experts on the forum help me ID the other medals on this ribbon bar. The first is the 2nd Class Iron Cross and with unknowns.

Casey ~

Medal ribbon bar ID help needed.Medal ribbon bar ID help needed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal ribbon bar ID help needed.
    P
    Many

Quote by cjmpaintings View Post
    Could the experts on the forum help me ID the other medals on this ribbon bar. The first is the 2nd Class Iron Cross and with unknowns.
    The first decoration is not the Iron Cross 2nd Class, but the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern [War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords].

This is followed by two of the generic blue ribbons used for various Prussian and Third Reich-era Dienstauszeichnungen [Long Service Awards].
    On the second one is a device for the SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3. Stufe [SS Long Service Award 3rd Class, i.e. for 8 years]. To be honest, I have doubts whether that device is original to the bar. Note that it is affixed in the wrong orientation.

After that, the Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938 [Commemorative Medal of 13th March 1938, i.e. the Austrian annexation].

The last one is the Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 [Commemorative Medal of 1st October 1938, i.e. the Sudetenland annexation]. The device is the Spange "Prager Burg" ["Prague Castle" Bar, awarded for participation in the creation of the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia].

Correction - first ribbon bar is the KvK II klasse mit Schwerten. Second two are long service awards, third is Austria Anschluss, followed by the entry into Sudetenland with the Prague Castle device. NH

I see I was beaten to the punch there with a far better description! Nicely done. NH

HPL2008 has hit the nail square on the head.

Many thanks for the detailed information.

Casey ~

Many thanks for very detailed description.

Casey ~