Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

medals- orginal?

Article about: I think you medal is original. The details are very good and IMO not the same as original posted in this tread. But its not easy to say when I don't have the two medals in hand.

Default Re: medals- orginal?

Quote by john1231 View Post
    Learn from our mistakes. Thanks for your help
    hey I got burned before too, because I'm a newb & didn't know what to look for, that is why I am glad I found this place these guys have taught me a lot & I'm still learning, so I read everything they say & really look at what they point out. I can't thank the people on here enough, they are very helpful & honest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement medals- orginal?
    P
    Many

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    A fake yes but not a Floch.
    Hi Adrian

I have just been looking at the Floch article and it mentions and highlights overlapping threads on the inner corners. The EK on this thread appears to have exactly the same. Is this a common fakers trait?

Cheers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Nice one Fabri Even the lettering doesnt look right compared to the comparison pics, a certain fake!
    Here is a close shot of the eagle on mine
    Nick
    Nick, thank you.
    But have you seen that the 2 eagles in your pic are not the identical ?

?

I add pics of a "5" good, for your DB an for comparison.
    Hope this help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medals- orginal?   medals- orginal?  

medals- orginal?  

Quote by fabri View Post
    Nick, thank you.
    But have you seen that the 2 eagles in your pic are not the identical ?
    I was just going to mention that. The silver medal looks to be a fake. Unless Nick used them to show the difference between the two? Note the "t" at end of "wehrmacht", also a quick give away.
    Tom

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Hi Adrian

I have just been looking at the Floch article and it mentions and highlights overlapping threads on the inner corners. The EK on this thread appears to have exactly the same. Is this a common fakers trait?

Cheers

Nick
    Sorry guys, just got home and checked. I was thinking of a completely different type of fake. The cross John posted is a Floch.

I edited my original post to avoid confusion..........mainly mine!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I was just going to mention that. The silver medal looks to be a fake. Unless Nick used them to show the difference between the two? Note the "t" at end of "wehrmacht", also a quick give away.
    Tom
    Yes there are many differences with the golden medal.
    I have maken a little research because it 's not my field and sometimes memory don't support me well but all good ones I have found are exactly like the golden just mentioned.
    In the same time I don't like some details of the silver medal that I remember as a fake.
    I 'm very sorry for these bad news..

?

Just for the record, here is another EK2 marked with a '5' for Hermann Wernstein. The cross is an original S&L type. There is debate whether this maker prduced EKs as no award envelope has been found marked for Wernstein, no other supporting evidence has been found and the type of stamps found on the rings varies widely.
    However......
    It's always a good idea to keep an open mind when collecting as we don't and probably may never know for sure either way. After all we have genuine envelopes marked for manufacturers with no evidence of crosses so why not crosses with no evidence of packets etc etc.....
    Nobody (IMO) should dismiss any possibility when we don't really know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medals- orginal?   medals- orginal?  

Attached Images Attached Images medals- orginal? 

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by fabri View Post
    Yes there are many differences with the golden medal.
    I have maken a little research because it 's not my field and sometimes memory don't support me well but all good ones I have found are exactly like the golden just mentioned.
    In the same time I don't like some details of the silver medal that I remember as a fake.
    I 'm very sorry for these bad news..
    Its a funny world! It passed ok on the WAF
    Heer 4 & 12 year medals - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

There are different eagles on the original long service medals. It depends of the maker.

Here is mine. I will post some better pictures of the eagles later.

medals- orginal?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast