Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

medals- orginal?

Article about: I think you medal is original. The details are very good and IMO not the same as original posted in this tread. But its not easy to say when I don't have the two medals in hand.

Default Re: medals- orginal?

But all the "T's" on the end of "Wehrmacht" don't have the backward slant on the cross bar as this one does. I cannot see too clearly, but would be interesting to see. The lettering looks completely different. Is this also attributed to different makers?
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images medals- orginal? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement medals- orginal?
    P
    Many

?

Well, probably there were more than one manufacturer but I think dies were identical. Example: medals for annexation of Austria, Czechoslovakia.. are very common but can we find differences ?
    Medal for 25 years civil long service, are not they all identical ?
    I don't remember another original type, it 's my thought that comes from my experience, but always ready to learn, I would like to see the medals that Sonny have to show.

Nick, I have seen your thread in WAF, sincerly comments from new members and someone more don't pass me a good feeling.
    Seems to me there are no comments from real experts.

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    But all the "T's" on the end of "Wehrmacht" don't have the backward slant on the cross bar as this one does. I cannot see too clearly, but would be interesting to see. The lettering looks completely different. Is this also attributed to different makers?
    Tom
    I think this medal is a fake, but I'm only saying that the eagles are different on these medals.

I have just made some close up pictures. IMO all 3 eagles are different.
    Look where the claws holds the swastika and the eyes are also different.

medals- orginal?

medals- orginal?

medals- orginal?

medals- orginal?

medals- orginal?

medals- orginal?

medals- orginal?

medals- orginal?

medals- orginal?

?

Thanks Sonny, you have clarified all doubts.
    Very interesting so there were some manufacturers and eagles show some very little differences as you sayd.

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    Thanks Sonny, you have clarified all doubts.
    Very interesting so there were some manufacturers and eagles show some very little differences as you sayd.
    A pleasure.
    We can all learn in this hobby
    Thats the fun part about it. To get to study the medals down to the details.
    I bought a USB magnification x200 for that purpose.
    Then a eagle claw gets very big on a 20 inch. screen

Thanks for your views on my 4 year. I have always thought it was in poor condition, so I am going to show it again on a few forums and if its a fake one I am going to enjoy buying another in better condition So here she is again for the last time:

Cheers

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medals- orginal?   medals- orginal?  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medals- orginal?  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

,,./

------

?

Hi Nick
    I 'm sorry but in my opinion your medal has no chance to be an original.
    I repeat, it 's not my field and this is just my opinion but I have many doubts with the little eagle too, very hard to see flaws so visible in an original stuff.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast