Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

MG Battalion 16 Honor board.

Article about: I first saw this honor board when I was 7 years of age. My father asked me what I'd like to do on my birthday so I told him I wanted to go to the St.Peter's Bunker Museum here in Jersey. I r

Default MG Battalion 16 Honor board.

I first saw this honor board when I was 7 years of age. My father asked me what I'd like to do on my birthday so I told him I wanted to go to the St.Peter's Bunker Museum here in Jersey. I remember being totally impressed by this board and the carving on it and what it actually represented. I could never have imagined that 40 years later that the same board was going to be hanging on a wall in my museum (The Channel Islands Military Museum, St.Ouen , Jersey) for the tourist to see this coming season. Originally the board was hung in the La Moye Hotel in St.Brelade which was heavily used by the German soldiers of MG Battalion 16. It was still there at the end of the German Occupation and I believe even up to the early 1960's when it was given to the St.Peter's Bunker for display.
    Only the first four Officers listed on the board were killed in the Islands, and its believed the others died in Russia having transferred to other units. My research is still ongoing. I don't know why but I still grin every time I look at the board, it just seems unreal that after all this time it now belongs to me. Silly I know but I guess thats what makes collecting worthwhile.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG Battalion 16 Honor board.   MG Battalion 16 Honor board.  

MG Battalion 16 Honor board.   MG Battalion 16 Honor board.  

MG Battalion 16 Honor board.   MG Battalion 16 Honor board.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG Battalion 16 Honor board.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: MG Battalion 16 Honor board.

wonderful to see it preserved.....well done, impressive peice