Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mutilated Flugzeugführerabzeichen. Real or Fake?

Article about: Bought this badge yesterday at a collectibles antique show I am thinking it's a copy but one never knows or at least I dont anyway.Offered up for your consideration gentlemen I paid very lit

Default Re: Mutilated Luftwaffe Pilot Badge Real or Fake?

Hi Mark

I must agree with others; very common and poor fake known as a "fugly" (stands for f... ugly) based on oversized head and large "wedgy" cut out between the legs of the eagle. Exists as P/O and Pilot with different marks if memory serves me right. Folded clips (instead of rivets) are indicative of older copies and if this one is anything like some of the "original" stuff I got through the mail when I first started collecting there is probably enough lead in there to use it as a pencil!

Regards

JC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutilated Flugzeugführerabzeichen. Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Hi MickeyM thanks for the imput the reason I called it mutilated to start with is very recently some one has added the folded copper to this and there are huge gobs of solder holdng the copper wire on and very fresh marks wear it would appear some one filed it down to get the solder to stick better but I do agree it is one fugly badge

Regards Mark K

Sorry but it's wrong on so many fronts. As the other guys have said. Stewy

Default Re: Mutilated Flugzeugführerabzeichen. Real or Fake?

Hi Mark,

I must admit the front of the badge is so notorious I didnt pay much attention to the back so the clips can be recent additions. However in the early 70's when I started (and you were trying to buy stuff from photocopied lists with small fuzzy front pictures or no pictures at all) Luft badge copies with folded clips were common so the clips didnt appear so out of character to me. It should be noted however that original specimens of badges like the Silesian Eagle and the Baltic Cross were produced with such clips

Good luck should you procede with your hunt for a Juncker pilot, its my favorite Pilot as well and there are currently a number of nice J2 and J3 Pilots for sale on various sites

JC

?

Thanks for the imput gentlemen I think I will turn this badge into a fishing lure or something usefull.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks for the imput gentlemen I think I will turn this badge into a fishing lure or something usefull.

Regards Mark K
    As I said Mark will make a ok fill in for now till you get a good one IMO. The only fish you will catch with this is a sucker fish.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

You are right of course Eric but it is good to have a little fun with it along the way if nothing else we have all learned something and got some good imput from the membership .

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2