Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Mutterkreuz Bronze & Silver

Article about: Hi all, Just picked up these two Mutterkreuz. The bronze has the original ribbon, which looks in really good condition, and both have paper envelopes. Just need a gold to complete my set

there more like small dents rather than burst cast bubbles. hey but with the quality of other fake awards you never know. this ones ribbon has stitch holes in it which have joined both sides of the ribbon together up its length to the last 50mm from the cross as if it were worn as a broach.
    regards
    Rod
    Last edited by plumbob; 02-20-2015 at 10:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz Bronze & Silver
    P
    Many

Yours is indeed original. Look close to te engraving of dezember put them next to each other and you see what i mean that the end part is off

Thank you eraser for your input which I value.
    I have three of these silver crosses one is brass/bronze with a silver wash but the other two appear to made from a silver coloured metal, do you happen to know if some manufacturers used a silver alloy for there silver crosses.
    thanks and
    regards
    Rod

Thanks chaps for a really interesting and informative thread

Agreed Carl, disappointed as I am, it was a very good experience (at least my bronze MK is good).

I will talk to the seller, but almost tempted to put the silver in my 'lessons learned' box.

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Thank you eraser for your input which I value.
    I have three of these silver crosses one is brass/bronze with a silver wash but the other two appear to made from a silver coloured metal, do you happen to know if some manufacturers used a silver alloy for there silver crosses.
    thanks and
    regards
    Rod
    First the crosses where stamped from base material same like the disc disc put on the cross. Then by hand the enamel was done then in the oven for curing after in the bath and last polished.
    The crosses where hung in a bath where they got there brons /silver or gold alloy and then washed off with water. Same like they do it these days for example chrome plating

Here are some picture's from a documentary look behind the man holden the crosses there is a bath where they hung into

Thanks for the pics Eraser. Whats the name of the documentary? I would really like to see it.

i believe sterven voor de fuhrer. (die for the fuhrer).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4