Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mutterkreuz check

Article about: Hi Can I have comformation on this MC... Original or crap... I am maybe gonna sell it and the potential buyer just want to be sure its a good original cross.

Default mutterkreuz check

Hi
    Can I have comformation on this MC... Original or crap...
    I am maybe gonna sell it and the potential buyer just want to be sure its a good original cross.

mutterkreuz checkmutterkreuz check

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement mutterkreuz check
    P
    Many

Default Re: mutterkreuz check

An authentic Mutterkreuz in Silber in fair condition...Other than a dirty ribbon I see no problems here...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Looks good to me. It has the longer rays on the corners of the silver center that I believe the fakes do not have.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    An authentic Mutterkreuz in Silber in fair condition...Other than a dirty ribbon I see no problems here...
    cheers, Glenn
    Who are you calling dirty??? Thanks for your opinion Glenn.

Here is another pic of the "dirty" ribbon
    mutterkreuz check

It's pretty dirty bud.

Well, it is a 70 years old worn ribbon... If it was white as a pair of new tennis socks I would be worried.

Thanks for your replys dramos and youthcollector1.

Quote by SwePeter View Post
    Well, it is a 70 years old worn ribbon... If it was white as a pair of new tennis socks I would be worried.

Thanks for your replys dramos and youthcollector1.
    IMO you should never dismiss something just because it looks new, many example survive which do. Even this award has many original examples which have pure white ribbons. Congrats on a nice original piece btw.

?

As has been seen on the forum before several times, myself and other collectors have Mutterkruez that we unwrapped from their seventy year old original wrappings for the first time. The ribbons are as clean and as fresh looking as the day they were wrapped. Just because a piece looks brand new doesn't make it a fake.

The cross and ribbon Peter has posted for opinions is 100% original and any potential buyer should have no problem buying it as such.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian.
    I would expect some crosses to have mint ribbons, like the ones from the Deschler hoard.
    But the ribbon on my cross is sewn together in the ends so its a awarded and used cross, so one cant expect it to be minty unless its been washed.

Personally I prefer awarded and worn medals over minty medals that comes straigh from the factory and that has been laying unpacked in an attic for 60 years.

Here is a deschler hoard silver MC:

mutterkreuz check

Its minty but it has a little less history attached to it if you ask me. But still nice thou...

A nice MK Peter!

Give me mint anytime though

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast