Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mutterkreuz gold grade boxed

Article about: I had been looking for a boxed mothers cross and found one this past weekend. case and cross in great condition. Ribbon worn/soiled/condition makes me wonder if original to the cross. Box ha

Default Mutterkreuz gold grade boxed

I had been looking for a boxed mothers cross and found one this past weekend. case and cross in great condition. Ribbon worn/soiled/condition makes me wonder if original to the cross. Box has makers name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mutterkreuz gold grade boxed   Mutterkreuz gold grade boxed  

Mutterkreuz gold grade boxed   Mutterkreuz gold grade boxed  

Mutterkreuz gold grade boxed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz gold grade boxed
    P
    Many

Decent-looking set...These Cased Gold Mother's Crosses sell for around $90...For some odd reason the ribbons on these are often found in such soiled condition, but unused original ribbons are easily obtained for replacement...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Perhaps the lady wore it a lot, and it spent little time in the box? Anyway, a nice looking award and fantastic box - I wish my boxes looked so clean. As Glenn says, the ribbon is easily and cheaply obtainable, and would smarten it up a lot.

I do like the fact that the soiled condition means it was worn and not placed on a "fake" cross to give the appearance of a real set. So overall a legit set that was most likely worn by a proud mutter.

Just as nice as my cross and box

I agree with what the others have said. Perhaps it was worn a lot. Seems like I read at one point there were advantages to having earned this, in terms of discounts at shops and on bills etc., along with preferential treatment. People would give up their seats on a bus, butchers would give them the best cuts of meat, and so forth. Perhaps these are often soiled because women wore them when going out so that they could take advantage of any benefits and privileges that come with it? The box might have stayed on the dresser with the other jewelry boxes, and housed the cross upon return.

I would keep it as it is..

The Mother's Crosses were Supposed to be worn only on holidays, special occasions, etc, but I suspect that many women wore them every time they left the home simply so that they could get the benefits the award bestowed on them, as they were not merely ornamental but carried quite substantial rewards.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The only Nazi award that I ever agreed with. Women should be given medals for bearing children.

Agreed. Gold was 8 or more kids. And in War-time, no less. The woman Deserved some sort of small help, for sure, especially if her husband was away or even killed in the military.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast