Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

a Mutterkreuz question

Article about: Collectors of the Mothers Cross, will surely have a few pointers that they look out for on the MC, when deciding whether to buy one, or when they decide to comment that a MC is either authen

These fakes are also of 2 piece construction notice the roundal not the same direction on each of these.
    I like this thread Jo.

Eric
    a Mutterkreuz questiona Mutterkreuz questiona Mutterkreuz question
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a Mutterkreuz question
    P
    Many

Quote by StuG III View Post
    And happily, on this forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Tom
    Agree. And so a argument doesn't ensue, I will respectfully reserve any other opinions.
    But, come on, destroying a original? Why?!? I assume anyone willing to do so has never earned one themself.

Those are great fakes Eric, i can see that soft enamel was used, filled in with a syringe, just up to the brim, quickly baked and then left to cool, shrinking, or doing what a cake does when you open the over door after 15 minutes - even though the wife says "Dont!" The whole first impression thing is also just off putting. What do you reckon about the two MCs in post 1? No real warning flags from my perspective. (Saturday night, no glasses on, late, you can imagine my "perspective" right now )

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    destroying a original? Why?
    So you (also) agree that both MCs in post 1 are original then?

?

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    They look perfectly fine, all thats missing are the ribbons

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Please read the first two sentences in post # 32. Thank you.

Well, looking at the crosses Eric posted one can clearly see the lack of quality to the enamel of the cross itself, disregarding the horrible roundel. The rays are also not well defined as in what you would expect from an original. The wording on the rear, especially the silver one, is irregular in depth. It is also my understanding that there should be a period/full stop after the 16.

Tom

If one of them are fake Jo. It sure has me fooled, but then again it would not be the first time.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

[QUOTE=Eric Zentner;988427]These fakes are also of 2 piece construction notice the roundal not the same direction on each of these.

The writing on the back is off center, I will say however they did a pretty good job on central disc on the bronze.

The only difference i can spot between my MC and the one in the first post is the difference of the lettering on the back. The 16 seems smaller on my MC, and the D is less Italic on my example. Could just be a different maker.
    Attached Images Attached Images a Mutterkreuz question  a Mutterkreuz question 

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast