MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

a Mutterkreuz question

Article about: Collectors of the Mothers Cross, will surely have a few pointers that they look out for on the MC, when deciding whether to buy one, or when they decide to comment that a MC is either authen

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    This dismantling of these Mutterkreuz has been done for a specific reason. It is not wanton vandalism.

For those who wish to bemoan this I will warn you now not to bother posting as you comments from here on will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine.

Sometimes a small sacrifice needs to be made in the interests of further education so stop being precious and self righteous about it, read and follow the thread and prepare to be open minded.

Historical items have been taken apart for many years to discover more about them. There is a whole other debate there which we will not be going any further with here.
    I dont speak for everyone here, but I dont believe the problem is the dismantling. It's the act of fixing it when done, then lying about its history to make it seem more valuable. While it is a little tough to see one taken apart, it is still insightful and interesting, but that does not condone lying about its history.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a Mutterkreuz question
    P
    Many

Quote by Pryo View Post
    I dont speak for everyone here, but I dont believe the problem is the dismantling. It's the act of fixing it when done, then lying about its history to make it seem more valuable. While it is a little tough to see one taken apart, it is still insightful and interesting, but that does not condone lying about its history.
    You do not know Jo. As these will go in the bin when done it is his humor. He could buy all of the MCs on here and then some LOL.
    Some miss the point.....

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    You do not know Jo. As these will go in the bin when done it is his humor. He could buy all of the MCs on here and then some LOL.
    Some miss the point.....
    Eric
    This is true I do not know him, and i hope and believe the bin point is true as well

?

Quote by Pryo View Post
    I can assure you that Jo made those comments tongue in cheek. Not everyone is familiar with the way in which his posts are made and it is entirely possible to misunderstand them so your points are valid but please don't think an established and respected collector and author and seller of TR artifacts (he has a website) will be making genuine statements about selling these pieces under false pretences.
    I hope he can sell these dismantled crosses to a Mutterkreuz collector who will appreciate having these in their collection for the purposes of display and explanation on how these awards were constructed.

Jo, please set people's minds at rest on this issue.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

So then...one can only be relieved that he did not decide to research Ritter's and Pour le Merites?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Pryo View Post
    This is true I do not know him, and i hope and believe the bin point is true as well
    It is as I would put my name with it! Swiss humor is still the same in USA far as I know.

I have known Jo for some years now. He is a very straight up guy. No one need have any concerns over any of intentions. All he is interested in is historical facts and getting rid of the fakers and con men in this hobby.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I associate with the words above.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    So then...one can only be relieved that he did not decide to research Ritter's and Pour le Merites?
    I don't know William.

There was the 'how bullet proof are Ritterkreuz' phase a few years ago...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a Mutterkreuz question  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I hope he can sell these dismantled crosses to a Mutterkreuz collector who will appreciate having these in their collection for the purposes of display and explanation on how these awards were constructed.
    ....please set people's minds at rest on this issue.
    The items that i have taken apart, cant be sold, mainly because many of them could never be salvaged anymore. I have had a few people ask me to sell them fakes though, it happens frequently as well, but the answer is always the same, "no"
    What i am guilty of though, is selling original, but damaged items, at really affordable prices, so that other interested parties can do their own tests. Below is one example of a really poorly badge that i recently sold for $5.- Most collectors would have tossed it out long ago, and be too ashamed to even post an image of it on a forum. But an interested party saw fit to invest five dollars in it. An interested party like myself, who purposely buys lower quality originals, to break them up, to ..... dare i say it?... See them naked!

a Mutterkreuz question

I also need all the badges/items that i have broken up and inspected. I foresee many questions in the future pertaining to aspects of items that i have shown, "naked", and do not, want to be standing out in the rain like a plonker, when the time comes, and have to reply to a question by saying: "Oh sorry, i dont have that badge anymore so cant supply you with the extra images you require, or cant further investigate an interesting aspect of it that i did not cover or forgot, that has now been asked."

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast