Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My 1st Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe mm:GWL/Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid

Article about: Gents, This is my one and only Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe that I have ever purchased. I'm a little bit of a, late bloomer with Third Reich badges for my collecting energy over the yea

Default My 1st Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe mm:GWL/Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid

Gents,

This is my one and only Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe that I have ever purchased. I'm a little bit of a, late bloomer with Third Reich badges for my collecting energy over the years has been concentrated on Imperial Iron Crosses. Once in a while though I get the urge to go in the foray of Third Reich collecting when a piece presents itself and this item is such the case.

This is a textbook example of a Flak badge made by the firm: Gebruder Wegerhoff and still shows remnants of the original, "wash" on the reverse and still shows most of the detail of the 88mm and feather detail to the alder's wings on the obverse.

From here, the only problem I see is that I have indicated that this is my first.....

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1st Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe mm:GWL/Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid   My 1st Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe mm:GWL/Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid  

My 1st Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe mm:GWL/Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid   My 1st Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe mm:GWL/Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid  

My 1st Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe mm:GWL/Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 1st Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe mm:GWL/Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid
    P
    Many

A nice example imo congrats, I really like GWL awards with their cast in hinges & catches & I believe this is the only flak badge with a riveted eagle (the fakes have the rivets but their part of the casting) thanks for showing, Regards ,Paul

Paul,

I thank you for your kind words. It definitely is a two piece and I certainly love the contrast of the cast clasp and hinge. I ironically have an IAB made by the same manufacturer. Score!

A nice earlier example Joel!
    This one shows the flaw in the maker mark at about 8 o'clock, but it does not show the stress crack flaws in the breach and base of the 88 that the later ones do.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph,

Thank you for your affirmation and giving me some insight on my badge. I have wanted one for a long time and never made the jump until now. Good to know that I got an early model.

Regards,

Joel