Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My Collection of Kriegsmarine medals and badges

Article about: Hello, I love awards of the Kriegsmarine. I would like to post my collection of my medals and badges associated with the smallest branch of the Wehrmacht. Most of these items were obtained i

?

Thumbs up U-boat Display

Here is a framed U-boat display. This is a set of rare early documents all belonging to the same man who served on the U-93 and survived its sinking. The U-boat badge is an early 1st pattern by Schwerin Berlin with round wire catch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Collection of Kriegsmarine medals and badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection of Kriegsmarine medals and badges
    P
    Many

Top collection of Kriegsmarine Awards Jody!! The frames are very fine.

You have a wonderful collection Jody, the framed pieces look fantastic and that Hilfskreuzer award is a real beauty!! Leon.

Indeed very nice collection.

a wonderful collection Jody.

?

Wow, Jody. I think I've seen almost everything posted one at a time gradually over the years but never all together in one mind-blowing thread. Thanks for showcasing your fabulous collection par excellence!

Regarding the Schott-marked WW1 U-Boat badge, Gordon (Williamson) posted new material showing they actually were made by Schott and not just designed by him as previously thought.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

?

Quote by Norm F View Post
    Wow, Jody. I think I've seen almost everything posted one at a time gradually over the years but never all together in one mind-blowing thread. Thanks for showcasing your fabulous collection par excellence!

Regarding the Schott-marked WW1 U-Boat badge, Gordon (Williamson) posted new material showing they actually were made by Schott and not just designed by him as previously thought.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Hi Norm,
    Thank you and I appreciate all of the work you have done on KM awards. Most of my stuff was obtained pre-internet (vets, yard sales, etc.). Thank you for the information on the Schott U-boat. You see I just learned something new (I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks).

I hope all is well.

Regards,
    Jody

?

Quote by Jody View Post
    Thank you for the information on the Schott U-boat. You see I just learned something new (I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks).

Regards,
    Jody
    Jody, you're an experienced "old dog" in the hobby but you're still a youngster in human years! Actually I don't know anyone who started in this hobby at a younger age than you.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

?

Thumbs up

Quote by Norm F View Post
    Jody, you're an experienced "old dog" in the hobby but you're still a youngster in human years! Actually I don't know anyone who started in this hobby at a younger age than you.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Hi Norm,
    Thank you, and I was young (age 8), but you need to meet my son Liam (now 11) I got him started collecting at age 5. You got to have the kids interested in the stuff. BTW, here is a nice picture of Liam wearing my friends Admirals peak cap by Erel (I use it as my avatar). Not many 10 year olds can say that they have worn a real German admirals peak cap. Liam loves the stuff (I just gave him the Schickle U-boat with the four swastika arms cut-out).

Best Regards,
    Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Collection of Kriegsmarine medals and badges  

?

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hi Norm,
    Thank you, and I was young (age 8), but you need to meet my son Liam (now 11) I got him started collecting at age 5. You got to have the kids interested in the stuff. BTW, here is a nice picture of Liam wearing my friends Admirals peak cap by Erel (I use it as my avatar). Not many 10 year olds can say that they have worn a real German admirals peak cap. Liam loves the stuff (I just gave him the Schickle U-boat with the four swastika arms cut-out).

Best Regards,
    Jody
    Wow, a prodigy. I've never been that close to any visor cap, let alone an Admiral's cap.

Despite the fact that my father was in the Kriegsmarine, my kids have no interest in the collection at all and no doubt the day will come when it is scattered to the wind...

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast