Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My Collection of Kriegsmarine medals and badges

Article about: Hello, I love awards of the Kriegsmarine. I would like to post my collection of my medals and badges associated with the smallest branch of the Wehrmacht. Most of these items were obtained i

?

Smile Collection

Hi Norm,
    That is too bad, from the time Liam was little I just exposed him to this stuff (even when he was little I would play toy soldiers with him, and I took him to every gun show). We even build war models together. My son loves WWII US patches and loves WWI too.

I am good friends with Stonemint from WAF and this forum and Liam loves to go over to his house and look at all of his caps. That peak cap is his.

Best Regards,
    Jody

BTW, for Christmas this year Stonemint gave Liam a beautiful fake KM white top. My son loves the movie Das Boot and wears the cap while watching it. This summer Liam is building a Type VII U-boat model.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Collection of Kriegsmarine medals and badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection of Kriegsmarine medals and badges
    P
    Many

Hi Jody,
    Firstly, great badges and great photos!!

As I am an equipment & helmet collector and ignorant of a lot of other TR regalia, do you know why the destroyer badges ( all makers ) seem to have such ill-defined Swastikas compared to other badges ( KM or otherwise )

Thanks, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Jody,
    Firstly, great badges and great photos!!

As I am an equipment & helmet collector and ignorant of a lot of other TR regalia, do you know why the destroyer badges ( all makers ) seem to have such ill-defined Swastikas compared to other badges ( KM or otherwise )

Thanks, Dan
    Hello Dan,
    The destroyer badge and coastal artillery badge are unique among KM awards in that the eagle is closed winged and like many of the KM badges, the swastika is not the major focus of the award (unlike Luftwaffe badges). The Destroyer badge by Schwerin Berlin (due to an off set die trim on the early badges has a swastika that is almost non-existent). I think the other companies used the Schwerin badge as an example to base their designs on. That is one reason why I find the destroyer badge so appealing.

Regards,
    Jody

?

Hello Jody an exellent collection here.. I would love to own just a fraction this collection. I have two at the moment Uboat & Mine sweeper, But I will get there in the end.. Thanks for showing really nice. Cheers Terry.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection with us...Very good photographs! I started when I was 8 years old as well...we were all pretty much on our own back then with little outside resources to fall back on for information, unlike today...but I wouldn't trade those early collecting years for a Knight's Cross, lol...
    Wishing you and your son continued good fortune in your collecting endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

?

Thumbs up

Hi Guys,
    Thank you and believe it or not, the pictures I used were done with an EPSON Perfection 4490 Photo scanner. Sadly, they do not make them anymore. There was no internet in the old days, but I still preferred it. Back then you could pick up real 3rd Reich stuff anywhere (pawn shops, junk stores, swap meets, etc.). In those days you could find WWII vets all over the place. I think the last thing I bought from a WWII vet directly was in 2000 or so.

I went to shows and talked with experienced collectors. In the end, I and my friends did not do too bad. I bet Glenn you got some nice things back in the day. The biggest advantage was the stuff was cheap. I remember when a nice minty U-boat badge sold for around $65-75, EK 2nd classes were around $20, and nice single decal German Heer or Luftwaffe helmets ran around $30.

Glenn I appreciate the kind words.

Jody

?

Welcome to the forum Jody and many thanks for posting your badges. Some superb photos for reference.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Jody, killer thread, and Liam is a terrific model!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I never tire of seeing your wonderful collection Jody.

Thanks for posting again.

Cheers,Martin.

Excellent collection. I'm damn jealous of your boy! You know what I got for Christmas when I was his age? A hose. A stupid garden hose.

But really you have an excellent collection here. All of your badges are nice and minty which is a great bonus. I think all that's missing is a navy attributed RK. Great collection.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast