Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My First Acquisitions

Article about: Hi guys, These are the first condecorations of my collection. They have just arrived and I would like to share with you and hear opinions. I'm sure that's not so amazing for most of you but

?

Default Re: My First Acquisitions

Nice medal grouping you did well when I first started collecting TR items I made two very big mistakes the first was making blind purchases with out researching the items that I bought which cost me out of pocket.
    The second MISTAKE which still haunts me to this day was I told my wife .

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Acquisitions
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for comment Mark. I think none of us are free of your second mistake, but I'm trying to manage her anger making up the prices. It's working until now. " How much all these medals cost?" was the first question and I answer " It's cheap, nobody gives too much value to these old things. Each medal costs about 25 USD"

Congratulations on your new items...looks like you're off to a great start, and everything looks good, looking forward to seeing your helmet as well!
    Cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by cart View Post
    Thanks for comment Mark. I think none of us are free of your second mistake, but I'm trying to manage her anger making up the prices. It's working until now. " How much all these medals cost?" was the first question and I answer " It's cheap, nobody gives too much value to these old things. Each medal costs about 25 USD"
    Haha! The trouble is, she might sell them for the amount you told her!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very nice medals.

?

Haha! The trouble is, she might sell them for the amount you told her!
    No way Adrian! It's certain divorce! Or I can do the same with her shoes and handbags... or maybe she uses the same tactics with me about the shoes and handbags?

Quote by cart View Post
    No way Adrian! It's certain divorce! Or I can do the same with her shoes and handbags... or maybe she uses the same tactics with me about the shoes and handbags?
    yeah, tried that - it doesn't work :-)

Man, I must have one of the coolest chick in the world. Never has busted my balls over my collection. She recently went to a garage sale and picked up a 90MM anti-tank casing. When she brought it home she already had found the date before buying it. Its from 1944! I was like, WoW! Now if she can just find me some U.S. Paratrooper Boots (preferably 1943-45)... LOL. That bird of mine has me deadbang!

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Never ever tell your wife!!!

Thats the first rule of militaria collecting or any other hobby that involves spending money that might otherwise be used to buy curtains, soft furnishings, kitchen equipment or paint for decorating!!!

You need to get in the habit of saying "what, this old thing? I've had it for ages....."

Wise words Adrian !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2