Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold

Article about: Hi guys, i want to show my first DK in gold.It is not a mint cross.It is a worn piece with a chip at the swas.But i think for a worn piece it is normaly.I think it was not a bad buy.For me i

?

Default Re: My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold

A dream item ! You are extremely lucky ...

Kind regards
    Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold
    P
    Many

Hi guys,

it could be,that i have to let go my German Cross i.G. in the next time.I have a question about heavy/light version type.IMO it is a heavy type.It is??

Thanks
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold   My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold  

My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold   My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold  

My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold   My first Deutsches Kreuz in gold  

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi guys,

it could be,that i have to let go my German Cross i.G. in the next time.I have a question about heavy/light version type.IMO it is a heavy type.It is??

Thanks
    Joe
    Hi Joe,

Yes, it's a 'heavy' type as can be discerned by the catch being soldered directly to the backplate. To be 100% accurate, this particular cross is known as the "C.E. Juncker, 2nd Model, Heavy, Unmarked."

The difference between this and the very rare 1st model is the wreath design. It is slightly different, as the 1st type wreath was thinner and of smaller diameter and is easily spotted by having only 9 notches below the date shield whereas the 2nd type has 13, as does yours. The weight of the cross should be around 58.7 grams. It's a shame you may have to let it go mate.

It is interesting to note that the Juncker 2nd model wreath was used on every cloth DK that was made and exists today.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you very much Ned for this interesting details you have give here!!

You are right of course,that it is a shame to let it go.I become perhaps the chance to buy a piece for that i am searching for a long time.I am not sure if i get the chance to buy it,so it could also possible that the DK will stay in my collection......i will see.

Regards
    Joe

?

Excellent German Cross. I hope to acquire one that has been in the family since the war!

Congratulations on a lovely addition Joachim!
    It will be a shame if you have to let it go.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

DK's are my favorite medal and as they were created with the combat soldier in mind I always find them more desirable when they have been worn same as the Nahkamfspange,nice find.

Jon

?

I have to agree with you there Jon it is a lovely award to look at all of them cloth & 57 I think..I might have to start saving for some more.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Lord Page View Post
    DK's are my favorite medal and as they were created with the combat soldier in mind I always find them more desirable when they have been worn same as the Nahkamfspange,nice find.

Jon
    Thanks guys for the kind comments to the cross!

The holder was living close to Stuttgart,but the family of the vet wount not give the name of the vet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2