Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My German/American Medal WWII Haul

Article about: Hey guys i just recently got this stuff from my friend all for around \\$60. Sorry for the bad photos i dont have my good camera. I actully left some things at his house including what i think

?

Default Re: My German/American Medal WWII Haul

Thanks Joe!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My German/American Medal WWII Haul
    P
    Many

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    Yeah i still have more items that i forgot to bring lol. The thing that i though was funny that he has an S.S honor dagger with its original hanger and is like in perfect condition. He thought is was worth less because one of the latches on the hanger broke off. My mouth dropped and i laughed because he dosent know that the dagger is worth to up to 1k lol.
    Ryan
    An perfect condition SS Honor Dagger even without the hanger and it's "broken latch" would be worth considerably more than a grand...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Ryan, get some pics of the dagger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yeah ill get some its just like I said its going to be around April because he's in vacation.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Really like the large Imperial eagle and at $60.00 that was a steal for that alone IMO!

Good luck on buying other items from the guy!

William Kramer

?

Thanks William!
    Do you know how much this total lot is worth. I know the prussian wabben is worth around $125.
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

The 86th was the only US Division to serve both in Europe and in the Pacific Theater. Specifically, they did clean-up operations in the Phillipines ...thus the red-white-and-blue ribbon. How do I know you might ask. Well, an 80 something year-old friend who served in the 86th and I our going back to Southern Germany in September of 2013.

He recently wrote: "After our Division cut the Ruhr Pocket in half from South to north, we were trucked some 220 miles to Wurzburg (now Rochester's Sister City), with a castle (now a museum), a Bishop's Palace that is a palace (to go with their status as being also a secular governor), fine wines, and a yearly Mozart Festival. We went South East and picked up 3 boom-tailed Lockheed P-38's (or -50's--I forget) to support us. We headed to Rothenburg (a preserved medieval wall and old town), to Eichstadt, Ingolstadt (there a BBC station reported that we were nearly 200 miles from the city), arched around Munich (south south west of Munich is Ludwig's famed Schwangau Castle--think Disneyland--and well worth visiting), arching half-way around Munich and then eastwards again )here I joined the Company clerk to Berchtesgarten--captured 2 days before by the 101st Airborne), crossing into Austria above Salzburg (ah! Mozart!), and driving on past Gnunden and Schwanenstadt--ceded later to the Russians. There will be festivals everywhere--and bratwurst und beer! Your friend, Leo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2