Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: dear friends pls have a look at this Paratrooper Badge with missing hook , opinions are welcome REgards tom

Default my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

dear friends

pls have a look at this Paratrooper Badge with missing hook , opinions are welcome

REgards tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Last edited by rbminis; 04-09-2016 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

This badge is a fake. It's a good one though, and caught me out the first time, but having looked further into this particular L/64 fake by Staegemeir there are several small flaws that are always found. The faker here has tried to hide some of these by the expedient of attempting to add bogus corrosion to the areas that show these flaws. However, the 'blob' on the reverse of the eagle (see below) is one that still remains, and that alone condemns this badge as being a Staegemeir fake.

And the same on another Staegemeir example.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry to have to agree with Ned, but he is spot on. I have also never seen an original of this type of award with anywhere near that amount of finish left on it, it nearly always has been completely absorbed into the zinc by time.
    Here is my Assmann L/64 to compare with. Leon.my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffemy new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffemy new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffemy new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Sorry to have to agree with Ned, but he is spot on. I have also never seen an original of this type of award with anywhere near that amount of finish left on it, it nearly always has been completely absorbed into the zinc by time.
    Here is my Assmann L/64 to compare with. Leon.my new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffemy new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffemy new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffemy new Assmann L/64 Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    Never be sorry Leon, it's always great to be on the winning side.

Nice to see an original badge as well.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.