Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My small collection of Schützenschnur

Article about: Here is my small collection of marksmanship lanyards. I started by looking for one for Panzer crewman due to the fact that my father was one. I guess I got a little carried away. I have just

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice collection Ralph.
    Thank you Harry!
    As I have added another first model since this thread was posted, I will have to update in the near future.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small collection of Schützenschnur
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    These lanyards are a great subject to collect, due to the many variations.
    Maybe I can serve the one or the other with the descriptions from the well-known
    book "Die Uniformen der Deutschen Wehrmacht" from Eberhard Hettler from 1939/1940.
    Shown the three pages with descriptions and grades for army, airforce and navy:

Attachment 719965

Attachment 719968

Attachment 719972

Not being the main subject, but briefly mentioned I also showed some in my book:
    "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich". Here the pages related:

Attachment 719977

Attachment 719978

Attachment 719979

Attachment 719983

With 640 pages the aiguilletes for the parade-uniform and those for adjutants
    for the Armed Forces, political and civil organizations were covered. Much in full
    color.

and finally an addendum plate to the colored plates for "Uniform des deutschen Heeres"
    from about 1936.

Attachment 719985
    Is there a positive way of identifying a war time and post war lanyard?
    Are the number of knots the same?

I am told 17 knots is the max for war time lanyards. I ask because I am encountering 23 knot lanyards.

Thank you for any help, and will track down the book.

Hello visor: I never did research about post war lanyards.

How lanyards should actually look like is told about in various regulations, the number of "knots" and length are described.
    For example a Schützenschnur for the Luftwaffe should have 14 knots (Geflechtsgliedern) and have a length of about
    27.5 cm. The entire description is to be found in L.Dv. 422, Abschnitt A, Neudruck from April 1, 1937. Page 139.
    And so were the lanyards for army and navy. Did not check it, but photographs tell this. The airforce lanyard, known as
    Dienstabzeichen has for example 53 knots and has a length of 68.0 cm. This is the lanyard to be hung over the right
    shoulder (same regulation, page 151).

Lanyards, known as Pfeiffenschnur, have other constructions. Manufacturing regulations from the Reichszeugmeisterei
    from 1936 give some descriptions. The SA-Pfeiffenschnur normally has 16 knots and a length of 21.0 cm (specifically
    the braid only), page 142. The braid for the lanyard for political leaders has 20 knots and is about 13.0 cm in length
    (page 143). HJ lanyards can have different lengths. The Schar- and Jungzugführerschnur der HJ and DJ has 35 knots
    with a total length of 34.0 cm; and so is the Gefolgschafts- and Fähnleinführerschnur.

Lanyards for other organizations have their specific forms, colors and length and so the number of knots can vary
    pretty much!

LANYARDS = A GREAT FIELD OF COLLECTING!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 01-09-2015 at 03:47 PM.

?

Hi Ralph,
    Very nice, I have one on my waffenrock and I enjoy looking at it (they are very dressy).

Jody

Very nice!

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hi Ralph,
    Very nice, I have one on my waffenrock and I enjoy looking at it (they are very dressy).

Jody
    Thank you Jody!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Nmilitaria View Post
    Very nice!
    Thank you!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Updating this thread, new additions.
    Ralph.

First, a private purchase example.

My Panzer Schützenschnur to date.

Great collection! I’ve always loved the look of these.

Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

MAP
    ?

Can't believe I haven't seen this post before.

Great collection and information.

Edit: Wow...just saw that this was my 20,000th post! Time goes by so fast.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This is a wonderful thread..

The only complete Schützenschnur I have is the one I earned at Grafenwöhr in 1988.. and looking at mine I counted 17 knots...

Smitty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast