Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.

Article about: Hi Guys, After reading a couple of interesting threads on cased wound badges recently my interest was piqued and I decided, if possible, to purchase a nice one at a reasonable price. I was l

Default My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.

Hi Guys,

After reading a couple of interesting threads on cased wound badges recently my interest was piqued and I decided, if possible, to purchase a nice one at a reasonable price.

I was lucky to drop on one pretty quickly that met my criteria and IMO ticked all the boxes. It's a Gold badge by the Vienna Mint (MM'30') early war type in Tombak. The pin is a nice varient known as the "Bar Type", being slightly narrower than the "Wide Pin". The case is good, it has a some wear to the base, but nothing too detrimental and the hinge and button are sound.

All thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.   My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.  

My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.   My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.  

My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.   My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.  

My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.

Wowza !!!! Just look at that gold finish ! Ned you have done good mate congrats on a lovely set !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

That's a bit blingy Ned! I don't think I've seen a shinier one. Can you take a few more shots, some at an angle and some without the bright reflection?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very nice Ned, a top shelf item congrats Sir.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That's a bit blingy Ned! I don't think I've seen a shinier one. Can you take a few more shots, some at an angle and some without the bright reflection?
    Why Adrian , do you have a concern?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Why Adrian , do you have a concern?

Nick
    Not really, just a niggle the finish might be newer than the badge. It just seems a little too bright?

If Ned can post the images as mentioned above it will put my very small doubts to rest. Sometimes a photo can make a badge look better (or worse) than it actually is and it would be good to be absolutely sure.

I know the badges are supposed to have a certain stand out shine to them but they always look more matt finish shine as opposed to high gloss shine.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Adrian on this one. It's an excellent badge, but the Finish is absolutely glitzy in the extreme. I, too, have never seen one with this particular hue and shine-even totally unissued or worn. Did some one use Flitz or some metal polish paste on the highlights? Whatever caused this, the effect is spectacular, but...is it period? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a trick of the photo light!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Chaps,

These are the vendors photo's, and yes, it does look very 'Jimmy Saville' as the shots were taken using a flash. It's not as shiny in hand so I'll endeavour to get some of my own snaps up asap. I would have taken some myself, but the camera's still in amongst a load of stuff yet to be unpacked since we moved house, so please bear with me!

Regards, Ned.

P.S. If you think this is blingy, you should see my Zimmermann Infanterie Sturmabzeichen!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Don't think you will ever upgrade that one buddy.

Beautiful '30' badge, Ned.

I was thinking the case may be for an EKI, as all the wound
    badge cases I've seen have been slightly larger with blue
    or wine red flocking inside.........?
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 06-24-2012 at 12:36 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast