Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.

Article about: Hi Guys, After reading a couple of interesting threads on cased wound badges recently my interest was piqued and I decided, if possible, to purchase a nice one at a reasonable price. I was l

Default Re: My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.

well Ned, it's a beautiful badge.

i sort of got a reaction like Adrian on first seeing it. i take it that perhaps it's the way the photo was done. but whatever it is, yes... i guess i just have a reaction to that finish. nothing definitive.

the reverse and area "under" and around the pin set up make me feel a better. the front... like i said, could be the way the shot turned out. you can get wide variance in appearance from different ambient light, flash or no flash, camera... the whole nine yards. so it's hard to say.

i think seeing the edge but at an angle showing the edge and reverse of the badge might put my very small doubt to rest as well.

here's mine:

same badge, different lighting as well as different camera (both taken with cellphones. first with an iPhone 4S and second with a Droid X):

so just different cameras and lighting can make a huge difference. you can see this here with my own "30".
    Last edited by tempelhof; 06-23-2012 at 05:47 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.
    P
    Many

?

Both lovely looking badges.. Im looking finding 1 soonish????,Im still saving for my German Cross in Gold lol... were do you find these badges because every site I look at they havent any or sold!!! Thanks Terry.

Sure is a beauty!

She may have been polished although who's to say it wasn't period done by a very proud (and very wounded) soldaten?

Here's my wide pin '30' exhibiting a more 'matt' finish.

Very nice, i have a same one

A couple more pic's as promised, including one of the inside of the case bearing the 'ghost' of the GWB, no sign an EK was ever in it.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.   My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

this is looking much better. the vendor photos were giving me a problem.

this photo does not do that in the same way.

i don't want to make you run around but if you get bored enough, maybe you could take a picture of the front "straight on".

whether you have the time or not, i do think this looks better than what we first saw and i'm glad to see that.
    i have a "controversial" VWA myself and i don't necessarily like it.

i really like that box too. never felt it was not original to a GWB and probably this one.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    this is looking much better. the vendor photos were giving me a problem.

this photo does not do that in the same way.

i don't want to make you run around but if you get bored enough, maybe you could take a picture of the front "straight on".

whether you have the time or not, i do think this looks better than what we first saw and i'm glad to see that.
    i have a "controversial" VWA myself and i don't necessarily like it.
    Here's a couple more as requested.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.   My Verwundabzeichen in Gold '30' mit etui.  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

let's see what the other guys think, but personally, the finish looks correct to my eyes in these new photos.

my concerns are at rest.

i think however the seller took these photos you received caused artifacts in the "gloss" of the badge making it look as if it had been tampered with. no doubt it was the lighting. probably used a flash at close range.

i don't see this from these new images.

Does the felt case inner lift out of the case Ned? Sometimes the original glue has become so brittle over time the inner liner can be easily lifted. If so (and please don't do this if the liner is still snug) there may be an alpha-numeric code embossed to the underneath of the liner. There has been some research on the WAF at one time to identify the awards that correspond to each code.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast