Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Narvik Shield, opinions please?

Article about: Hi guys, I have come across this Narvik shield. I have compared it with other ones in this Forum and initially I do not see any issues with it, but I may be wrong, could you please give me y

Default Narvik Shield, opinions please?

Hi guys, I have come across this Narvik shield. I have compared it with other ones in this Forum and initially I do not see any issues with it, but I may be wrong, could you please give me your views about it?, Regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Narvik Shield, opinions please?   Narvik Shield, opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Narvik Shield, opinions please?
    P
    Many

Looks good to me. A 1st type 1.3 pattern by an unknown maker (although Juncker has been mooted but yet proven IIRC), and it appears to possibly be made from cupal, as a copper finish is showing in the worn areas. If so that would be a nice catch!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, good news, just for a change . If I can get a nice deal, I will go for it, have no idea about prices on these ones though, seller has to tell me about the price

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks Ned, good news, just for a change . If I can get a nice deal, I will go for it, have no idea about prices on these ones though, seller has to tell me about the price
    Please don't ask me Juan.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Wow, that looks sharp on black. I like it.

Hi Ned, was looking cupal up in the dictionary, I do not find it, what is it?, regards, Juan
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Looks good to me. A 1st type 1.3 pattern by an unknown maker (although Juncker has been mooted but yet proven IIRC), and it appears to possibly be made from cupal, as a copper finish is showing in the worn areas. If so that would be a nice catch!!

Regards, Ned.

Found it, for those who did n t know like me, CUPAL is a plating of copper on aluminum. The two metals are inseparably welded together in a special process. CUPAL is therefore not an alloy, but a composite material from the group of non-ferrous metals. CUPAL is tested in many ways and proven over many years as a replacement material for pure copper, Tombak and brass

Regards, Ned.

Hi Ned, sorry to bother you again with this, by looking at the cloth, IMO, it looks kind of blueish, could this be a Luftwaffe award?

Regards, Ned.

The obverse cloth looks like feldgrau to me. Should be a Heer award.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Heer Harry, KM would be a gilt one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast