Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Navy narvik shield in tombak

Article about: Anyone have an idea who the maker of this might be ? It is guilded Tombak...back plate is iron

Default Navy narvik shield in tombak

Anyone have an idea who the maker of this might be ? It is guilded Tombak...back plate is iron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy narvik shield in tombak   Navy narvik shield in tombak  

Navy narvik shield in tombak   Navy narvik shield in tombak  

Navy narvik shield in tombak  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Navy narvik shield in tombak
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

David,

David,

I have one similar on what is turning out to be a very long term hold. (Long story....) Anyhow, I'm interested to find out as well. Sure someone will be around to give you (me ) some help shortly.

Nice to see all the help you are providing over in the helmet forum!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Just a bump. Anyone around to help out David? Not my area so hoping not everyone is on vacation this week

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's okay Michael. Thanks for your concern.

MAP
    ?

Another Bump for David

I've been looking at my reference material (not good) and examples on the forum but I'm not comfortable making a call.

Think the dealer will be receiving an email from me soon.
    Thanks Michael
    Last edited by real steel; 07-07-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Quote by MAP View Post
    David,

David,

I have one similar on what is turning out to be a very long term hold. (Long story....) Anyhow, I'm interested to find out as well. Sure someone will be around to give you (me ) some help shortly.

M
    Ask and you shall receive....

It's a Floch fake. If you've got one on hold the same Michael, you need to cancel it pronto. Here's some other examples the same.

Navy narvik shield in tombakNavy narvik shield in tombakNavy narvik shield in tombak

Note the eagles head and upper wings, and especially the blunted "nose" on the number 4.

Besides that, a quick forum search would have elicited this thread:

Narvik Shield Fake Gallery

Good job I'm here ain't it?

Regards, Ol' Big 'Ead.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Here is an example of not taking my own advice on items I know little of & relying on a reputable dealer rather than do the research on my own. "OUCH" this hurts
    Thanks Ned for your input & Michael too.

Before I start screaming for a refund, Ned, not taking anything away from your knowledge, I think I need one or two more negative replies before I approach the matter with the dealer. Maybe someone else can add to this
    Last edited by real steel; 07-07-2017 at 03:02 PM.

I have to say that the number 4 being somewhat "flat on the corner" - does it for me. I like to see them crisp and sharp

One I sold a while back - ok I know its made of different material, but they should all be near enough the same
    Just curious the measurements should be similar to this....
    Height.... : 90.92 mm
    Width..... : 37.14 mm

I personally would not want this in my collection. I think if the dealer is reputable he should refund without question - after all his reputation should be worth more than a badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy narvik shield in tombak  

MAP
    ?

I tried my best Ned...but was not confident to give an opinion. Didn't want to give wrong advice.

For clarification, the one I mentioned I'm interested in is a Navy blue. Not necessarily the same Floch. I have yet to see it believe it or not. I say long term hold as im waiting for my friend to show it to me I'm somewhat confident its legit as I've been told a respected well known person has seen it already. But as always, once I get it in hand I will review for originality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast