Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Navy narvik shield in tombak

Article about: Anyone have an idea who the maker of this might be ? It is guilded Tombak...back plate is iron

Want to thank the overwhelming PMs' I got in a matter of minutes on this issue. Help came in "droves". Maybe one day I can return the favor to the guys who went out of their way to help & advise. I don't forget a favor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Navy narvik shield in tombak
    P
    Many

Default shield

more pics. Don't want to "beat a dead horse"...so far it does not sound promising. Here are the sellers pics.
    Final attempt on a sinking ship
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy narvik shield in tombak   Navy narvik shield in tombak  

Navy narvik shield in tombak  

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Want to thank the overwhelming PMs' I got in a matter of minutes on this issue. Help came in "droves". Maybe one day I can return the favor to the guys who went out of their way to help & advise. I don't forget a favor
    Hell of a Group Here!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Navy narvik shield in tombakNavy narvik shield in tombakNavy narvik shield in tombak

The new photo's only confirm my opinion as far as I can see. Compared next to these two known Floch fakes it becomes obvious they are all the same design. If anyone can show that this design is a known original type for the Narvik Shield, then I would really like to see it. There are 6 accepted types of Narvik Shield, 2 are from Juncker and Deumer respectively, and the remaining four are by unknown makers. Within this grouping there are sub types.

Non of these accepted originals or their sub types match those shown in this thread, that is evidence enough. Furthermore, regarding the dealer who originally sold this shield, they are well known for regularly having a fairly healthy peppering of fake items in their inventory at any one time. I'm not saying it's deliberate by any means, their inventory is vast and there are within some excellent pieces that are rare and desirable, but such is the scale of that inventory that fakes do sometimes pass unnoticed.

To be fair, a lot of collectors say that they are easy to deal with and pretty straight up, so hopefully you should be able to return the shield and get a refund, even after the intervening 3 years since you purchased it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned...not trying to be a "wise guy" by any means, but I do not see the similarities between the 2 you posted & mine. Not the guilding, the head, wings, swaz. Look totally different to me. Your 2 look somewhat similar.
    The bottom line is the damn thing is a "freak". It's been shown to a few experienced dealers/collectors & nobody can deem it real or fake to 100% surity. Therefore if it is NOT accepted in the collecting community...it's worthless.
    Ned...Thanks again. You went over & above helping me

Just want to say...A full refund has been granted to me from the seller of this badge.
    Again, Thanks go out to all that spent their valuable time helping me rectify this "Mess". Without your help, I would have been stuck.

The seller/dealer was Barry from Emedals. I have always respected Barry, & he did not disappoint me on making the refund a VERY pleasant experience. After owning the shield for two years, explaining to him somewhat "passive/aggressive" that the badge was deemed fake from members of an outstanding forum, he apologized for his error & offered full refund plus a bit extra for the frustration involved with this mess.

So it went well & "Hats off to Emedals"..Will continue to frequent his site as always in the future. But I did learn a GOOD lesson here
    Last edited by real steel; 07-11-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Pleased for you david and i think a round of applause goes out to steve....aka big ned...... he called it first....just goes to show you no one knows everything but big neds close 😁

?

Good news David! Glad to hear
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

In appreciation to "Big Ned". Thanks Buddy. RIP
    David.
    This was my first day on this forum. Ned PM me about 6 times to help. He did not know me...but went out of his way to help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2