Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K

Article about: G'day all, I am looking at this observers badge (Beobachterabzeichen) ...I like the detail but am unfamiliar with the maker or the type of badge, any help much appreciated authenticating thi

Default Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K

G'day all, I am looking at this observers badge (Beobachterabzeichen) ...I like the detail but am unfamiliar with the maker or the type of badge, any help much appreciated authenticating this badge Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K   Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K  

Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K   Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K
    P
    Many

Jonathan,
    A lot of badges marked with the spurious mark AgMuk and like yours AgMuk Gablonz started hitting the collectors market back at the turn of the Millennium.
    The badge you display and I must admit the pictures are not very good appears to be based on the early Meybauer badges.

I think the badge was produced with an intent to deceive the collectors community.
    It has what appears to be a tombak or nickel wreath and is the eagle a blackened nickel example?...I can't really tell.

Anyway a couple of things to look at on the badge.
    At the top of the hinge ...on the wreath you should be able to see two small cut marks where it is supposed to be where the hinge has been cut but they do not match the hinge joints.
    That SWASTIKA...it's massive and the bird looks like it is a big fellow as well unless it is a small wreath.

Really good close ups of the badge in focus with bright lighting would be good as this is the first time this particular badge has been seen by me.

I would quite happily add this to the reproduction section of my collection

Cheers
    Doug
    Last edited by Saladin; 10-14-2016 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Grammar

Jonathan,

You need to sort out the orientation of your photo's, every thread you post they're all to cock. I guess you'll say you've tried but nothing works, blah, blah... But it can be done with a little effort on your part and that way more members here, me included, might actually bother to be of assistance. This is not a personal dig, just a request that if you wish to ask if an item is genuine or not, then please learn to post the photo's the right way up. Thank you.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

G'day Doug,
    I have heard that mark has been found on many "bad" items...Yes, my apologies on the pics they were the only one the seller had (first red flag for me) I could not say I am sorry I have not seen the badge in person but the eagle is darkened. I see what you mean on the cut marks yes, yes the swastika is very big which I was not a fan of, and the bird as well. I will not be able to provide any more pics as I passed up the badge little while ago on gut feeling.
    Thank you very much for your thoughts and comments Doug

Jonathan.

Hi Ned,
    Yes unfortunately the pics are terrible I am sorry and you are right there is no excuse. Thank you for your advice I will endeavour to pay much heed to it

Thanks,
    Jonathan.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Jonathan,

You need to sort out the orientation of your photo's, every thread you post they're all to cock. I guess you'll say you've tried but nothing works, blah, blah... But it can be done with a little effort on your part and that way more members here, me included, might actually bother to be of assistance. This is not a personal dig, just a request that if you wish to ask if an item is genuine or not, then please learn to post the photo's the right way up. Thank you.

Regards, Ned.
    Ned is absolutely correct and as of late this has become a pet peeve of mine. There is no reason that I should have to go through almost every thread and orient the photos correctly. Also, the original poster should not expect other members to have to provide any assistance if the photos are sideways or upside down. More and more threads are being posted with the photos incorrectly uploaded. Please edit your post and upload the photos correctly.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,
    Once again my apologies for the photos, I have cropped and orientated them correctly. Thank you for your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K   Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K  

Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K   Need help authenticating this Beobachterabzeichen (observers badge) by A.G.M.u.K