Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fake

Article about: I am on the hunt again for treasures and I do not know enough about either one of these? My thought is the SS badge is a reproduction but I hope to be wrong. Thanks for all your help in adva

?

Default Need help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fake

I am on the hunt again for treasures and I do not know enough about either one of these? My thought is the SS badge is a reproduction but I hope to be wrong. Thanks for all your help in advance. Need help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fakeNeed help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fakeNeed help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fakeNeed help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fakeNeed help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fake
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-19-2013 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fake
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need help real or fake

The Germanische Leistungsrune with the SS runes is a fake badge. These are extremely rare awards and the likelihood of ever encountering an original is very slim. You can see an original in this thread. Compare yours to that one and the differences are very obvious.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Im gonna say fake on them both. The SS badge "RZM" mark should have some sort of number that would place it to a manufacture and the clasp seems bad. As far as the swastika pin goes I would also bad because I've never seen a Third Reich item marked sterling like that. But wait for more experienced opinions to come along.

?

I'm fairly certain the Germanische Leistungsrune was never marked but will stand corrected if wrong.

The swastika pin may not even be German but a contemporary piece from another part of the world completely. The swastika has been around a lot longer than Germany in the 1930s and is embedded in worldwide culture from the Far East to Native American Indians.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm fairly certain the Germanische Leistungsrune was never marked but will stand corrected if wrong.
    These fakes existed as such in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Default Re: Need help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fake

Adrian is correct: these were never marked.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Need help - Germanische Leistungsrune and swastika badge - real or fake

Blue Swastika

Maybe its something from Finland ??
    Just a wild guess
    Sandsam
    Denmark

Sorry forgot to mention the other badge. It is American and a good luck broach and nothing to do with the Third Reich.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sorry forgot to mention the other badge. It is American and a good luck broach and nothing to do with the Third Reich.

Cheers, Ade.
    I didnt know that !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for the feedback fellows. Greatly appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast