Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee

Article about: Hi everybody, I recently got this pieces in a lot of 3rd reich military awards, but I´m not sure if any of these pieces are real or fake. Those pieces are: 1) a bar with 4 medals 2) an Infan

volkssturm
    ?

Default Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee

Hi everybody, I recently got this pieces in a lot of 3rd reich military awards, but I´m not sure if any of these pieces are real or fake.

Those pieces are:

1) a bar with 4 medals

2) an Infantry Assault Badge

3) U-boot badge, and

4) a pair of insignia of luftwaffe flak leutenant.

Thanks a lot to everyone for all the help you can give me

Cheers

By the way, under the eagle of the IAB it says S.H.u.co. and 41 below it: seems to be made of zink or some bad metal, but I tried to bend it with my fingers and I couldn´t it doesn´t bends; it seems like it had bronze paint once a time, and the pin is not flat, but cilindrical... (sorry, need to polish my English)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee   Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  

Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee   Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  

Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee   Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  

Attached Images Attached Images Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee 

2. # ADS

Default Re: Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee

Medal bar, flak patches look ok. I have some concerns on the IAB. It doesn't appear, from the photos, to have the pin and catch assembly seen with this manufacturer S.Hu.Co. (Sohni Heubach und co.) It may be the angle of the photograph. The U boat badge, I can't make my mind up on, first impressions are I don't like it,(soft detail, call it a gut feeling.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say

Hi there the IAB's fake. SHuCo never used a flat pin,sorry. Stewy

volkssturm
    ?

It seems like some pictures don´t shows up, here they are again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee  Need help with some articles, pleeaaaseee 

volkssturm
    ?

Hi John, thanks for answering. well the pics where taken at dark and poor light, still it was made with an excelent camera; the u-boot badge´s swastika got a lot of shadows because of the angle, I hope to take better pics of IAB and u-boot but it would take about 2 weeks more (camera is sponsored by my GF); do you know a site with information about S.H.u.co. IAB??

volkssturm
    ?

Hi stewy, it´s very good to know things like that, because fakes polute collections; I bught it because the guy was selling the whole lot (it got more things, included winterschlag in osten, EK2, KVK 2, WWI medals and 2 helmets), and not each by each; but since I saw that faceless eagle start thinking about that badge

No problem mate. I'm not keen on what's left of the eagles feet either. Can you get a decent pic of makers mark? Stewy

volkssturm
    ?

ohh mate, I tried, they are as bad as the eagle, closing the eye (until you have the badge a few centimeters of your face) you can see it says SHUco and 41 below it; but almost impossible to catch on camera

Looking again,the badge it's self look like it could be a ground dug original. The catch faces left which it should. But the pin & block hinge are wrong. The solder arond catch looks rough,i'm wondering whether this was added later. It's had a rough trot for sure. Stewy

volkssturm
    ?

mmmmm like a late or post war reconstructed, like the pin of a WWI wound badge I have, but how can a nice badge deteriorate like that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.