Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with ubootkriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68

Article about: Hi guys, please are this badge correct? I have doubts about the way the pin is correct or false ? A lot of thanks, sorry that the photo comes out crooked !

Default Need Help with ubootkriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68

Hi guys, please are this badge correct?
    I have doubts about the way the pin is correct or false ?

A lot of thanks, sorry that the photo comes out crooked !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with ubootkriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68   Need Help with ubootkriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with ubootkriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68
    P
    Many

I think the badge is a definite fake.

I share your doubts about the mainpin.In fact the whole reverse set-up is incorrect,hinge,pin and catch.

Regards,Martin.

Quote by martinw View Post

I share your doubts about the mainpin.In fact the whole reverse set-up is incorrect,hinge,pin and catch.

Regards,Martin.

A lot of thanks Martin !

Regards, Robert

agree with Martin a bummer.

Quote by martinw View Post

Regards,Martin.
    Agreed. Besides, the orginal maker's mark is written with embossed letters (convex) and here are engraved letters (concave).

regards
    Tomasz

?

Quote by tompress View Post
    Agreed. Besides, the orginal maker's mark is written with embossed letters (convex) and here are engraved letters (concave).

regards
    Tomasz
    Hi Guys,

The maker mark is actually well-matched to the typical SCHWERIN stamped-in mark on the U-Boat. In fact, when you rotate the images and compare side-by-side to an original, the whole badge is scarily close to the original aside from the cutouts under the sub and the post-war reverse setup. With a different reverse setup, that would have fooled most collectors.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with ubootkriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68   Need Help with ubootkriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68  

Right Norman, I have looked to the book - and there is only this one shown bellow (with embossed letters), plus two unmarked versions. But since the book was issued, were many new variants discovered. And they are i.e. in the GCA database - which I forget to check... Sorry for confuson.

regards
    Tomasz

Hi, a no go as the guys have already said, the reverse set up is all wrong. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, a no go as the guys have already said, the reverse set up is all wrong. Leon.
    Certainly

Hi, I must agree with the others, I dont like it. K