Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need some help on originality and price!

Article about: by youthcollector1 I'm confused by what you mean. Roxy is suggesting that It's been repainted. The make/year of it doesn't effect this at all. Sorry if I misunderstood Roxy, but I believe he

Default Re: Need some help on originality and price!

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I'm confused by what you mean. Roxy is suggesting that It's been repainted. The make/year of it doesn't effect this at all. Sorry if I misunderstood Roxy, but I believe he is trying to say due to the "dent" in the cross, and yet it is still black, it may have been repainted or at bare minimum touched up. If this is what Roxy is trying to say, I must agree.
    Yes it might have been repainted but i thought the EK's ribbon's colour might have been faded but the orange is the earliest ribbon colour you can get.

- Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some help on originality and price!
    P
    Many

?

that is a good price but ask for better pics for everybodys piece of mind and just out of interest

Quote by rory View Post
    that is a good price but ask for better pics for everybodys piece of mind and just out of interest
    Ill ask better pics of the EK?

Quote by rory View Post
    Wait nvm thats the price of the crappy medal threadi posted... let me ask this guy for the price...

?

The EK2 ribbon is a fake. The EK2 is a fake. I don't hold out much hope for the rest of it.

Bas, you need to keep away from these auction sites and dodgy dealers or else you're going to be wasting alot of money. Stick to reputable dealers and buy low end items to start with. Get a feel for what's good and what's bad. Don't be tempted by these cheap 'too good to be true' sales from untrustworthy sources or you will be feeling pain in your wallet.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The EK2 ribbon is a fake. The EK2 is a fake. I don't hold out much hope for the rest of it.

Bas, you need to keep away from these auction sites and dodgy dealers or else you're going to be wasting alot of money. Stick to reputable dealers and buy low end items to start with. Get a feel for what's good and what's bad. Don't be tempted by these cheap 'too good to be true' sales from untrustworthy sources or you will be feeling pain in your wallet.
    For what i know i already have a nice collection... and im close to already a year of collecting. I know how to spot some fakes... BTW the auction site is made by Ebay. big international militaria sites advertise on there. Theres so much crap on there because ads are free!D:

Quote by Adrian View Post

Some of the sites im talking about:
    http://www.tarnmilitaria.com/
    http://www.hiscoll.com/
    http://www.militariadefoerier.com/
    http://www.militariaplaza.nl/vmchk
    All great dealers. not dodgy at all.

?

I just thought that ek didn't look right Adrian knows the craic ! Listen to him and im just waiting on an eye test so hope fully i can see these tiny pics better in future

?

Quote by Bas Jonkers View Post
    For what i know i already have a nice collection... and im close to already a year of collecting. I know how to spot some fakes... BTW the auction site is made by Ebay. big international militaria sites advertise on there. Theres so much crap on there because ads are free!D:
    You didn't spot the fake EK2 and ribbon.

Keep away from the auctions, stick to dealers.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by rory View Post
    I just thought that ek didn't look right Adrian knows the craic ! Listen to him and im just waiting on an eye test so hope fully i can see these tiny pics better in future
    Try viewing them on a phone with a three inch screen! Thank God for youth.

Bas, I personal trust tran and hiscoll, but at the end of the day, even the best can make mistakes. The best thing you can do for yourself is learn, therefore you don't have to depend on anyone besides yourself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast