MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need some information on authentic german medals, etc.

Article about: As others have said there is not a HUGE amount of money here, but if the items all turn out to be good condition etc, they will be worth a nice little sum, the EKII's usually go for \\$115-140

Default Re: Need some information on authentic german medals, etc.

As others have said there is not a HUGE amount of money here, but if the items all turn out to be good condition etc, they will be worth a nice little sum, the EKII's usually go for $115-140, the police bayonet, depending on condition would go for in the $5-600. Range. The map case is a fairly common item and in good condition could go for in the range of $60-100? Not sure about the camera, As far as everything else goes I could not tell you what they were worth even if I wanted to because I have no idea... All prices are I.M.O and do not necessarily represent the current market value.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some information on authentic german medals, etc.
    P
    Many

Please keep in mind, though, that when, for example, the bayonet is said to be worth 500 dollars, that this is Not what a dealer will Give you for it, but rather what he will Sell it to You for. Generally, dealers give people roughly half of what they can sell it for. I do like the small flag, myself, but have a few doubts on the story of where they came from. I doubt, for instance, that the black collar tab with the wings and wheel on it was "stripped from a dead German". It is a railroad uniform insignia.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Please keep in mind, though, that when, for example, the bayonet is said to be worth 500 dollars, that this is Not what a dealer will Give you for it, but rather what he will Sell it to You for. Generally, dealers give people roughly half of what they can sell it for. I do like the small flag, myself, but have a few doubts on the story of where they came from. I doubt, for instance, that the black collar tab with the wings and wheel on it was "stripped from a dead German". It is a railroad uniform insignia.
    I also doubt there was a dead Hitler Youth member among them. It is unlikely a soldier on the front line would wear a HJ achievemnt badge

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 05-21-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Sorry I haven't replied. I have a lot more German accolades/materials but they are all at my Grandmother's house, and I just happened to take a few crappy pictures of the ones that I liked the most. I was saying earlier, that most of this stuff was stripped off dead German soldiers, but I'm guessing some of the stuff my Great Uncle found in parts of Germany. None the less, all of these things are German made and from World War II, he sent/brought all of these home with him from the 1940's. This much I know is true.

I also have a swastika arm-band, 1 other normal style Nazi headquarters flag, A german pistol(not a luger, maybe a p-38?), A german helmet, and quite a few other things. But thanks for helping out.

The camera is not in the best condition but its from WWII and it has german writing on it, it is just hard to make out, I will have to take more pictures.

Also is there anything that I pictured that is not that common? Like what is the rarest of those things that I pictured?

Thanks.

Like the guys say, there is nothing uncommon in that little lot. If all prove to be genuine it is still a nice collection of Third Reich history

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Any film in the camera? I ask because a relative of mine traded cigarettes with a German POW in North Africa for his camera. The camera and film within came back from the war and in time the film was developed. According to my relatives, there are candid shots of Rommel taken in North Africa and several other interesting shots. That is only their word though, I haven't seen it.
    I've been promised a look at the album when I can arrange to meet them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Treu, The prices are what they are sold for if you were going to go through a dealer when selling them you would get much less. Sounds like some interesting film Adrian!

I'd say these items were likely taken from live Germans.

The Diplomatic cap may be the most uncommon of all
    the items. The Police bayonet and this cap are
    probably the 'most valuable'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Please post better photos of each item in the appropriate sections. Only then will anyone be able to help you...

?

I agree with Steve....the Eastern Peoples (Diplomatic) brown cap is the rarest and the police bayonet is the second most valuable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2