Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nice Aircraft Destruction Badge

Article about: Known by its German name, Tieffligervernichtungsabzeichen (Special badge for shooting down Low Flying Aircraft,utilizing only small arms weapons (1945) the badge is comprised of a blackened

Default re: Nice Aircraft Destruction Badge

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Richard,

I guess you are ignoring me now.

I only frequent this site, but I bet you have this thread on every other site,
    an advert by definition.

Sure the braid could be from an original tank destruction badge, but are we to believe modern sience can not copy a 15mm zinc aeroplane.(that probably too big an estimate), yet we have sent man to the moon.

I now no longer wish you every success, at least with the badge, good luck with the book.

Jock
    Jock ... How do you figure that I'm ignoring you when I reply directly to your postings? I just feel that you may not be considering all of the possibilities.

Thank you for your well-wishes for my book.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice Aircraft Destruction Badge
    P
    Many

Hay Guys, please forgive me as I made a typo in one of my responses to a post. I was asked what I would value this item at and I posted the following response:

After speaking with several collectors I believe that a fair price, considering everything, that I can negotiate downward from $1200.00 US. What it really comes down to is what someone is willing to spend for it ... I will always entertain a half cash half trade offer for anything.

The value should have been $200.00 US.

This is what happens when you're in a hurry and don't proof read. Sorry again.

?

Richard you stated that

?

Richard what i was trying to post was you stated that when you conclude the deal there is no legitimate come backs later. Does this mean that you wash your self of all items when you sell them or do you stand behind your items. As for the item you are showing take ownership of it and stand behind it if you think it is true.

Default Re: Nice Aircraft Destruction Badge

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Richard what i was trying to post was you stated that when you conclude the deal there is no legitimate come backs later. Does this mean that you wash your self of all items when you sell them or do you stand behind your items. As for the item you are showing take ownership of it and stand behind it if you think it is true.
    The situation, as I see it, many times when items are purchased they are purchased by unknowledgable collectors who simply jump at opportunities to own an R.R. (Rare Reich) piece and then, after they purchase it, ask questions afterward. They receive a cross section of answers and then may be more confused than before so the ask the seller for their money back weeks or months later. The only true answer is to learn what you are buying in the first place or don't by the item. Otherwise you're taking the opportunity and you have eaually a chance of gaining something valuable or not. However, I must stress that knowledge is too often neglected when replaced by greed in wanting to own something.

More often than not, the seller, especially when it comes to an item such as this, believing that the item is true in all respects, offers the item as such and there is no proof to the contrary due to the fact that the item is so rare, very rarely if at all seen, that it cannot be proven either way. In other words, no example to really compare to compare it to.

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    The situation, as I see it, many times when items are purchased they are purchased by unknowledgable collectors who simply jump at opportunities to own an R.R. (Rare Reich) piece and then, after they purchase it, ask questions afterward. They receive a cross section of answers and then may be more confused than before so the ask the seller for their money back weeks or months later. The only true answer is to learn what you are buying in the first place or don't by the item. Otherwise you're taking the opportunity and you have eaually a chance of gaining something valuable or not. However, I must stress that knowledge is too often neglected when replaced by greed in wanting to own something.

More often than not, the seller, especially when it comes to an item such as this, believing that the item is true in all respects, offers the item as such and there is no proof to the contrary due to the fact that the item is so rare, very rarely if at all seen, that it cannot be proven either way. In other words, no example to really compare to compare it to.
    Richard,

Everyone says your a likeable old excentric that means no harm.

You appear charming, chatty, informed and persausive. You are many years my senior and therefore experienced.

If you were in any way corrupt I would say you have all the skills and demonstrate some of the hallmarks of the people you warned of in your other thread.

It seems odd you have access to these items that by historical record themselves are questionable, but based on your pitch alone we should trust and buy, of course that is only if we are ill informed, greedy and gullable, again by your own definition.

It only takes one fool a month to purchase item as rare as that with very little provenance and I could sort my mortgage out sharpish!

See I don't believe that old charlatons are harmless as there are a lot of ill informed, gullable and perhaps naive people out there. The likes of which you would be keen to meet at the Max perhaps?

The greedy fool can do what he wants but the young collector that is taken in and spends what he has saved perhaps based on some smooth patter and no facts is the casualty here.

Sorry Richard, in summary I don't think you do anything for our hobby and people should be wary. Stick to books enjoy your twilight years.

Kind Regard

Jock.

PS

For the admin I am sorry for my outburst but I think it is wrong to have to host lies and deciet at the cost of giving any credibility to them. It is only an opinion but cleverly so is his and niether can be prooved satisfactorily. Sorry again...

As Stewy has already pointed out a long time ago, the badge is question here is a fake of one which never actually made production. It was authorised, but never made. The backing is a known fake type.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Richard,

Sorry Richard, in summary I don't think you do anything for our hobby and people should be wary. Stick to books enjoy your twilight years.

Kind Regard

Jock.

PS

For the admin I am sorry for my outburst but I think it is wrong to have to host lies and deciet at the cost of giving any credibility to them. It is only an opinion but cleverly so is his and niether can be prooved satisfactorily. Sorry again...
    Jock ... Please do not interpret this the wrong way however, it's not my intent to do anything for today's people in the hobby. I went that route back in 1997 when I wrote and self-published a book titled "The Phenomenon Of Third Reich Badges - From The Hocus Bogus To True Genuine". The book sold over 1M copies in 22+ countries however, it was thought by the majority of collectors that I knew nothing of what I was speaking of. I attempted to warn collectors back then because I saw what was taking place in the hobby. When I introduced the book at that same years MAX Show, not one dealer reacted to it as the new it was completely true what I was saying and did not wish to blow their cover, so to speak. I see on some of the forums that some realize only today what I was speaking and warning collectors of back thirteen years ago. So, you see, I cannot have much feelings for those who still know not what they are doing today. My main reasons that I'm no longer in the main stream of militaria collecting today.

See Jock, you only think that you know where I'm coming from.

I remain the doddering old fool that you've attempted to portray me as. Again no offense.

Richard

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    As Stewy has already pointed out a long time ago, the badge is question here is a fake of one which never actually made production. It was authorised, but never made. The backing is a known fake type.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade ... I did not have a photo of the reverse.

The weave of the black stripes above & below the aircraft runs the wrong way. To stand any chance of being original it would run right to left,not viceversa. Stewy S

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast