Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nice Aircraft Destruction Badge

Article about: Known by its German name, Tieffligervernichtungsabzeichen (Special badge for shooting down Low Flying Aircraft,utilizing only small arms weapons (1945) the badge is comprised of a blackened

Default re: Nice Aircraft Destruction Badge

Thankyou Richard. Stewy S

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice Aircraft Destruction Badge
    P
    Many

We are all cognisant of the fact that there will always be items that may simply have circumstantial provenance and when confronted with one such item one must logically either accept the evidence at hand and make a conscious decision to obtain it or not.

In pursuit of additional information on this artifact I had turned to my psychics for evaluation and came up with additional information that, in my opinion and that of others, lend to the credibility of the artifact.

As for an estate of a veteran not knowing anything about the artifact, this is typical as most vets bring backs are stashed away in cigar boxes, trunks etc. and forgotten about for many years, until the veteran passes on.

In other words, this ADB is as the information presents itself and I am equally certain that there will be varying opinions at the MAX from the myriad of "experts".

Whenever I have offered any item at the MAX or for that matter at any show I will always present to an interested individidual all of the known information that I have at hand. This allows them the make, as I said before, a concious decision to obtain the item then, we can discuss price and when we conclude the deal there is no legitimate come backs later.

I'm going to the MAX mainly to promote and sell my book however, I will have specific artifacts from it being offered for purchase. I shall also have other quality artifacts and historical information items also for purchase. All items will be visually priced for all to see; no hocus pocus with prices!

Richard,

Going back to the pitch vet bring back and original German estate.

I can assure you there are a lot of original items from opa right now over here.

If a vet brought it back when? If back then you are not inaccurate as all estates were pretty well unknown. If you have provenace with entries and certificates, perhaps a one liner in a Wehrpass?

Of course the vet bring back could be one of those produced after the war for the occupying forces? Is that a possibility?

Sorry for appearing negative but it all seems like an advert to me and a lot of money for someone.

I wish you every success and hope the individual that buys it can afford it.

Jock

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Richard,

Going back to the pitch vet bring back and original German estate.

I can assure you there are a lot of original items from opa right now over here.

If a vet brought it back when? If back then you are not inaccurate as all estates were pretty well unknown. If you have provenace with entries and certificates, perhaps a one liner in a Wehrpass?

Of course the vet bring back could be one of those produced after the war for the occupying forces? Is that a possibility?

Sorry for appearing negative but it all seems like an advert to me and a lot of money for someone.

I wish you every success and hope the individual that buys it can afford it.

Jock
    No problem Jock as all that I'm doing is to present the information as I am aware of it.

When I referred to the veterans estate, this is the estate here in the U.S. and as I a aware of only large items and weapons required a bring back certificate. I have one for a WWII Japanese Aerial Camera that I have in the original wooden box.

True, vets did bring back pieces that were produced after war's end however, there also were much original items that were left behind that were confisgated by G.I's after war's end as well.

Being negative is part of collecting especially since there has been so much junk that has surfaced to fool the collector, especially new collectors. After saying that, the experienced ones also get fooled from time to time.

I'm not really trying to make this into an advert, just thought it would be a nice piece to show and let members know that I would be offering it at MAX for anyone to view and consider.

Richard,

Sorry I remain sceptical.

I have been in touch with 'my psychics' they say ' there are two in a hairy bag'.

I'm not sure what it means but I know an advert when I see one quote,

'I'm not really trying to make this into an advert, just thought it would be a nice piece to show and let members know that I would be offering it at MAX for anyone to view and consider.'

Keep your enemy close........

3... 2... 1... were back in the room.

Jock

Stewy ... In the meantime until I return from the MAX, I made the photo that I have a bit lighter and sharpened it a bit using the computer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice Aircraft Destruction Badge  

Thanks Richard,i must say that the cloth backing does resemble that used on fake TDB's as the weave is wrong. But,maybe you can get confirmation at MAX. Stewy S

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Richard,

Sorry I remain sceptical.

I have been in touch with 'my psychics' they say ' there are two in a hairy bag'.

I'm not sure what it means but I know an advert when I see one quote,

'I'm not really trying to make this into an advert, just thought it would be a nice piece to show and let members know that I would be offering it at MAX for anyone to view and consider.'

Keep your enemy close........

3... 2... 1... were back in the room.

Jock
    Jock ... I'm from the old school ... If a cloth item passes the four point ... "LOOK" - "FEEL" - "SMELL" & "BURN" test, then it's on it's way to being considered as good. Provided the remaining ducks reasonably line up.

Richard,

I guess you are ignoring me now.

I only frequent this site, but I bet you have this thread on every other site,
    an advert by definition.

Sure the braid could be from an original tank destruction badge, but are we to believe modern sience can not copy a 15mm zinc aeroplane.(thats probably too big an estimate), yet we have sent man to the moon.

I now no longer wish you every success, at least with the badge, good luck with the book.

Jock

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Thanks Richard,i must say that the cloth backing does resemble that used on fake tank destruction badge's as the weave is wrong. But,maybe you can get confirmation at MAX. Stewy S
    Agreed ... however, not knowing exactly how many manufacturing firms had their hand in producing these badges during the wartime period, variations in weave may have existed. The reproducers possibly used one of these original variations to copy? This may especially be true considering that all original tank destruction badge's were not magnetic as I pointed out before.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast