Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Norwegian Frontkjemper Badge opinions please?

Article about: Hi, I found this badge on 1944shop. Is it a newly made badge? If so, legal or not? And is it worth buying?

Twinjor
    ?

Default Norwegian Frontkjemper Badge opinions please?

Hi,

I found this badge on 1944shop. Is it a newly made badge? If so, legal or not? And is it worth buying?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian Frontkjemper Badge opinions please?  
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-28-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Photos uploaded.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Norwegian Frontkjemper Badge opinions please?

Hi Twinjor, welcome to the forum and thank you for posting.

I moved your badge to a new thread, it's best to do this so each item for opinions gets it's own place and doesn't get lost in amongst others.
    I also uploaded the photos to the thread because when the item gets sold or the link is removed the photos disappear and we have a thread where no-one can see what the discussion is about.

Regarding the badge, I believe this one to be a fake, the reverse hardware doesn't look like that found on originals and the number '51' appears quite consistently on fake badges and awards.
    Hopefully someone with more knowledge of these badges can offer more insight.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I don't like it.. I've seen a lot of these, well 10-15 the last year and well, as Adrian stated "the reverse hardware doesn't look like that found on originals and the number '51' appears quite consistently on fake badges and awards"
    To me, it looks new, like a few days ago. But I haven't had one myself so I can't really tell for sure.

The badge is a fake, I'd stay clear of it. The hinge for one thing... It looks just horrible.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Save your money!

And welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

These one goes for a good penny that's for sure!

I agree it doesnt look good.

Here is some interesting info on this badge

The Frontkjemper Badge

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

along with other defects noted previously (such as the really bad hardware setup), i don't think i like the "830S" marking in raised relief at all.

?

And also the fact there are two of them in the photo in the same new condition should give two more reasons for concern.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

they're asking 29 Euro for this? they aren't even really trying to put this thing out there as authentic, are they?

this is all reproduction stuff over there and priced as a reproduction should be, more or less... the Germanische Leistungsrune and everything else.

i've been in the market for an example of this badge for some time. i think we all know what an authentic piece goes for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast