MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Article about: Hi, all. Again I have posted some medals, pins and badges in the forums looking for help in determining if these possible purchases are authentic. Please take a look at the following medals

Exclamation Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Hi, all. Again I have posted some medals, pins and badges in the forums looking for help in determining if these possible purchases are authentic. Please take a look at the following medals and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Novice needing help determining authenticity...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Novice needing help determining authenticity...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Hi Adam, I would pass on all of them.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, you think the Mother Cross is bad?
    Tom

Thanks for the replies Ade and Tom. I actually already purchased the war merit cross pictured here for $40 and was told it was original so I hope that's true. As far as passing on them, is that due to condition or not being authentic? The mother's cross is being offered to me for $55.00. Just a newbie question, but how does one begin to be able to tell from pictures like these what is authentic and what is not? Is it just your experience with and knowledge of these items and/or are there specific things to look for?

Thanks again.
    -Adam

Hi Tom, yes I think the Mothers Cross is fake. Very flat looking roundal and the enamel looks bad, not translucent.

Hi Adam, there are condition issues with some, like the broken EKII, while others I believe are fake. Hence my general advice to pass.

Please show some better pics of KVKII once you have it in hand. Bear in mind this should have a bronze finish, but it could be a worn late war zink example.

Cheers, Ade.

Exclamation Re: Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Hi, all. Here is another very large group of medals and badges that are being offered to me. Any help sorting out the good/authentic from the fake/bad is greatly appreciated. The war merit medal with swords in particular I hope is original as I have already purchased it and will return it if not original.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Attached Images Attached Images Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity... 

PLEASE one or two items at a time only. It is a nightmare trying to advise on multiple items!

You are lucky in this case as they all appear OK, but it is really difficult to give any kind of detailed answer if the stuff is a mixture of good and bad.

Cheers, Ade.