Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on Ostmedaille.

Article about: The front looks ok but the reverse dosnt have the sharp details. And I dont think simple wear can explain the overall sloppy look, the sword is a good example of this. Also the letters are i

Default Opinion on Ostmedaille.

Hello everybody,
    I recently picked this up at a local indoor flea market for a mere $7.00 it was $10.00 but had to ask if less would be taken...Obviously it was! I have seen a few of these and this one looked right to me except for the ribbon loss.I would like an opinion from others.There is no markings on ring or elsewhere,ANY info. will be greatly appreciated!!!
    darrin.AKA,derwood58
    P.S. I have approx. 11 or 12 WW2 German items from paper to rings so im a novice in this area but have the books(forman,manion,pia,lumsden,gottlieb,etc.)Opinion on Ostmedaille.Opinion on Ostmedaille.
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-30-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on Ostmedaille.
    P
    Many

Default Re: OOINION on EASTERN FRONT MEDAL...

The detail of the grenade, leaves and sword is very soft

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: Opinion on Ostmedaille.

From the pics provided I'm seeing a well worn but original medal.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank You Adrian...HAPPY HUNTING!

Front looks ok, but the reverse looks not so ok.
    Better pics are needed to be sure.

It looks OK but really we need better pictures. These awards are not heavily faked and the fakes are in most cases very bad. £7 is a very good price.

Hope these pictures will help,If not i'll try to get closer...Than You for all the input thus far,Especially the translation(Ostmedaile.,Thank's!)Happy hunting ALL!Opinion on Ostmedaille.Opinion on Ostmedaille.Opinion on Ostmedaille.Opinion on Ostmedaille.Opinion on Ostmedaille.Opinion on Ostmedaille.

I would pass on that but for the extremely low price

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thats a fake to me, sorry.

?

Can anyone explain why they think the medal is fake? I know about the soft details which in my mind is down to wear but is there anything else that points to it being fake?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast