MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions needed for a lot of things

Article about: hey guys, i an negotiating for all of these things supposedly picked up in germany several years ago by an army vet, with the exception of the flag. i have two questions. are these items all

Default Opinions needed for a lot of things

hey guys, i an negotiating for all of these things supposedly picked up in germany several years ago by an army vet, with the exception of the flag. i have two questions.

are these items all original? im pretty sure they are but it doesnt hurt to get other opinions

also, is that blood on the japanese flag

thanks, i really appreciate the help that i get on these forums guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions needed for a lot of things   Opinions needed for a lot of things  

Opinions needed for a lot of things   Opinions needed for a lot of things  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed for a lot of things
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions needed for a lot of things

Hi, from what I can see the red NSDAP armband and the 2 crosses look OK. The other armband is very strange, but I don't think it's a fake, maybe a ugly homemade one? The jap flag is something I'd like to have one day, yours look ok and the brown spots might be blood stains. Cannot see well from my notebook. are dark brown spots right?
    Regards

Matt

they have the color of dried blood and even the splatter pattern, so im thinkin it could be.

the guy doesnt want much for it all, so ive struck a mini-jackpot if its all good : )

Hi Ob, from what I can see, I'm with Matt, I think everything is original. That white one is bizarre, as Matt said probably home made. That really could be any kind of liquid on the meatball flag. If you end up buying it, they have Luminol kits you can buy to see if it's blood or not. Good luck and let us know, should you go that far.

Jay

?

Just bear in mind that nothing in the lot is particularly rare,so the price should be appropriate
    Regards

Matt

i know that they are all fairly common, but he wants 50 dollars for the EKII and he said that its negotiable lol so im getting a really good deal regardless

?

I tend to be suspicious with the "too good to be true". Maybe you'd like to take some more shots at the cross (front, back,side,etc) before taking it? It worths at least $80 imo and with internet today even the Inuit knows the value of TR stuff
    Regards

Matt

?

Apart from the strange white armband nothing throws up any red flags. The Mutter Kreuz and Eisernes Kreuz both look fine, a better pic of the front of the latter might help identify it to a maker.
    The meatball flag looks good, be a little sceptical of the 'blood splatter', it could have been added for effect after the war.
    I hope you land the goods and look forward to seeing better pics of them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have to stick with everybody else's opinion here, everything looks ok

But as other members mentioned earlier some better close-ups wouldn't hurt, they never do