Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions please on Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher

Article about: Hi I am a new member here and would like some opinions on this badge. I purchased it a few days ago from a man who found it metal detecting on beach in Plymouth uk. I have researched as much

Default Opinions please on Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher

Hi

I am a new member here and would like some opinions on this badge.
    I purchased it a few days ago from a man who found it metal detecting on beach in Plymouth uk.

I have researched as much as I can on the web and could do with any other ideas as to if it is genuine ,the reason I ask is that the badge is not cut out above the eagles wings.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions please on Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher   Opinions please on Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher  

Last edited by rbminis; 01-27-2015 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions please on Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher
    P
    Many

Here is a good thread on what to look for on these awards.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...recher-444316/
    And another.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...recher-456690/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Look at the shape of the waves, for one thing. The pin mount looks incorrect, and what is left of the catch looks wrong too. Probably a good reason it was on the beach . . . I would pass on this one.

its a bad one.

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum, I am afraid that your one is a fake of a Schwerin award. The "cast" is very poor compared to an original and the hinge is all wrong. Here is an image of mine to compare with. Leon.Opinions please on Abzeichen Für BlockadebrecherOpinions please on Abzeichen Für BlockadebrecherOpinions please on Abzeichen Für BlockadebrecherOpinions please on Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher

Hi thank you for your posts, may be i will go down to my local beach in Norfolk and throw it so that some other poor sod can pick it up in a few years

Thanks again

Nick

?

Gents
    I find interesting it was found during beach combing we English dumped refuse at sea not far off shore I may add. Could it be a pre '57 regulation badge? just asking.
    Nick
    Don't throw it away if anything keep it to help improve your knowledge on awards,, if that's your interest. imo

Gentlemen is this one an original?

Regards
    Eric
    Opinions please on Abzeichen Für BlockadebrecherOpinions please on Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher

Hi Eric,

To address both questions, the answer in each case is a unequivocal no....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned
    oh dear its shown on de. wiki well at least nice pictures lol!

Eric

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Ned
    oh dear its shown on de. wiki well at least nice pictures lol!

Eric
    I know it's on the Wiki page Eric as I did a Google search last night guessing that it was not an example you owned.

It goes to show that Wikipedia is not the best place to trust when looking for items like this! You would be better served by limiting your future searches to forums such as this one where original and fake examples are shown, and detailed explanations as to why they are good or bad are given rather than relying on something where any Tom, Dick or Harry can post random information that is not vetted by anyone but themselves.

Also careful reading of previous posts in the thread and taking advantage of the vast wealth of information available here before posting naive questions such as "Could it be a pre '57 regulation badge?" would be of assistance in your insatiable quest for knowledge, and save time for the members here taking the time to explain (again) the reasons why it is a fake.

Absit Invidia, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 01-29-2015 at 12:05 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast